• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I attended Cabool, Missouri 1983-1987

Methuen-Ma 1987-1992

Gladstone, Missouri 1992-1995

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

Hi SheilaM,

I was Df'd from a cong in MA, though I spent most of my time "in the Truth" in New Hampshire. I was only in for few years though, so I probably don't know any of the folks you do.

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

I go to a support group that meets about every other Saturday. I met two others folks they're and after the meeting I was all excited to meet other ex-JWs so I mentioned this board and how lurking here had helped me so much and it turns out both of them are already on this board!

Though the support group is for anyone from any high-control group and aside from the three of us, the other people are not ex-JWs. (There's about ten people who come or so.) I've found the meetings very useful, although lately they've been very painful to me.(I've been depressed.) We cover how groups manipulate us and how to re-build our lives to feel whole again....as one person so aptly stated "if you don't deal with the pain, then it will deal with you." We also cover how to deal with Post Dramatic Stress Disorder and how the brain deals with what we've all been through, it's very usefull stuff.

The next meeting is Saturday, January 4th at 9am in Lakeville, MA (south of Brockton) if you'd like more info, I can e-mail it to you.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Hi Sheila;

How is everything? How is Mark & Audry is he still a Star Trek fan? Do you remember the issue with Arcidy's car with the heated seats?

HCM

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I live on the Cape(in MA),and I attended a congregation here.

Truth,if you read this,can you e-mail me info about that meeting in Lakeville(that's

not too far away from me).I may be interested in going,if I could pull it off.Thanx!

oh yeah,my e-mail is in my profile.Thanks!

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

hi bittersweet,

I just got home from work and saw your reply to my post, I just e-mailed you the details.

Let me know if you need anything else

Truth

• flower
    flower

Truth2Me,

I'm in MA too and would be interested in getting the details about the Lakeville support group. Could you email it to me too please?

flower

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thanks all for your comments, Ho chi not sure if I know who u are but Mark and Audrey are ok, Mark is still and avid Star Trekker ok BEYOND avid. LOL Chris is avid LOL No I don't remember the heated seats but of course knew Arcidy. E-mail me and let me know your real name LOL

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

Hi flower,

I just e-mailed you the details, enjoy!

Truth

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Hmmmm....I'm not sure, but Lakeville wouldn't be TOO far from me (I'm in RI). Could you please e-mail me the specifics, also?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit