Oh no!Who will study with me?!

by bittersweet 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I'm a little frightened after reading one of the study articles in the Feb.1st Watchtower.

What well meaning individuals will be fighting to study with me when they read the second study article?Who will help such a weak one as me build up faith and appreciation?Oh yeah,and can they count their time?After all,I am baptised.

Maybe I will start knocking on JW's doors and say,"Hi,I realise that you are an active member of the JW organisation,but I am here to welcome you into the inactive flock.I am willing to study with you,so you can appreciate how you have been mislead for so many years." Do you think there will be any takers?

Seriously though,I will have to start screening my calls and not answering my door(better yet,I will just let my dogs out).After 4 years of people not caring,now that they are told to,they will come in droves! LOL

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

LMAO Bittersweet... I just recently moved, all they have is a phone #.

In reality though, they are trying to get regular pioneers and auxilary pioneers another way to get their hours in each month by talking to a "friend" who is inactive.

To me it sounds like the ship has sprung a leak and they are bailing fast and hard.

• justhuman
    justhuman

That will be fun...an elder try to push me to go to the field service(haven't been for the last 3 years)but I'm sure pioneers will try later on to get some hours from me in order to fill their monthly report...

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Bittersweet,

I don't get the magazines anymore so I am completely in the dark as to what you are talking about. Please enlighten me!

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Hey tweetie!

I had to rummage through my husbands stuff to find the Watchtower(because I had heard about).The article talks about how good little jw's need to reach out to inactive ones.Inactive ones aren't completely lost,just weak individuals who need the congregations help.The article mentions one way weak ones can be helped is to study with them,thus bringing them the "spiritual food" they so desperately need,so they can be encouraged to come back to the loving brotherhood of the jw's.BLAH BLAH BLAH...and so on and so forth.excuse me while I go vomit.........

You are fortunate to have not had acess to that article(and all other jw junk).

Hope that helped clarify things Tweetie! Take care

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, I just read that magazine yesterday. Weak, weak, weak, weak, weak, weak is the theme. I don't have it here with me but it has some phrases that shows that the strong must not write off the weak as not being worth the effort. I am hoping that I will be gone with the wind by the time the "faithful" are studying this crap.

Blondie

• ugg
    ugg

puke,,,,vommit....hurl....barf....spew....unload....up chuck...wretch....and then start over...

• mouthy
    mouthy

I offer myself to any who would like a study!!! I have not sent my hours in to Bethel for a very long time.I am sure they miss me- as they sent two elders to reinstate me after kicking me out in 1987.So if any of you weak JWs would like a study I have my hand raised. ( invisably ofcourse)

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Hey, if they really want to increase their time, they can make a return visit close to the KH, then fly to France to talk to me, and then fly back and make one more return visit. Sheesh! That'd be something like 16-20 hours right there!

• mouthy
    mouthy

That is so genourous of you wolfgirl -giving all that time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit