New video "Jehovah Has Done So Much for Me"

by NoIdeaWhatToBelieve 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Just another example of how they do not care about victims in the organization or understand them in the slightest. The last lady that spoke to Jackson (lawyer for BCG?) went specifically to show them the importance of researching the impact on victims and pointed out that they fell short. Then they put out garbage like this to deflect. They don't care to know more and something like this is just evil and cruel.
  • life is to short
    life is to short

When I told an elder what my dad had done to me as a child the elder looked straight at me and told me I was LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the whole elder body said I was mentally crazy. The real kicker was even though my dad was a baptized JW they did not like him. My whole growing up all the elders treated my dad and by extension my family like we were scum on their feet. I remember once on the way back from an summer assembly our car broke down and my dad was able to pull into a rest stop, an elder just happened to be right next to us. When he looked over and saw us with the smoke billowing out from under the hood of the car, the elder put his car in reverse and burned rubber leaving. I was ten and I still remember the sick feeling I had in my gut with the hate I saw in that elder's eyes toward my dad and I felt myself.

I was a 45 year old women at the time I told the elder that, not some young child or teenager. I was crushed and tried to commit suicide at that age. I was still a very true believer. I cannot imagine how a child could face an elder like that one. Than I found this sight and from this sight I learned TTATT.

I got more comfort from this sight than I ever did in my 45 plus years as a JW. Flipper and his wife, OTWO, Madgwitch, Lois Lane, so many reached out and I have become friends with.

Never once did I ever feel like that women in the JW faith.

LITS

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Sick bags on standby

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    It seems to be a slap in the face to all the thousands of victims of child sexual abuse inside Watchtower.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Is there a word for when you laugh at something that also makes you mad? I laughed because its such a pathetic and clear attempt to manipulate people that may know what is going on.

I am glad this woman has healed from a terrible experience. Of course.....it wasn't in the organization. It wasn't handled by elders. Maybe she found no justice and still struggles with that. But the point is of course that when she says "Jehovah has done so much for me", the message is clearly "the organization has done so much for me".

Its because she equates healing with the 12 years of service, and the love in the KH.

Its poor timing and shameful. I am however glad for this woman and consider it brave of her to discuss publicly something so personal. I wonder how they found and asked her to do it.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

tried this when I once got a broken arm, and it healed up almost immediately.

Oh Splash, thanks for that. I'm going to do that straight away and melt those extra kilos away as I gasp the mantra............".I'm an integrity keeper", I'm gonna do that as I run along on my old old second hand stair master....

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Is there a word for when you laugh at something that also makes you mad?

Hysteria?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    When I told an elder what my dad had done to me as a child the elder looked straight at me and told me I was LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the whole elder body said I was mentally crazy

I am pretty sure he knew deep down that you were not lying, he must have seen something was wrong with your dad to have instinctively disliked him so much. But he probably couldn't admit that because that would mean that the organization is not the perfect spiritual paradise they say they are, and that you had been let down by Jehovah's appointed people.

To be fair, many men, especially of the older generation, are very uncomfortable with child sexual abuse, so they try to pretend it doesn't exist. It's no excuse, but JWs are not the only ones to struggle with this. They are just one of the few organizations that still pretends it's not a problem.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Isn't this too much of a coincidence? With all the bad publicity from ARC...

...................................It`s "No Coincidence".....Its..

Image result for Watchtower logo

........Image result for Watchtower logoImage result for Damage controlImage result for Watchtower logo

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I'm beginning to realize in WT world there are no coincidences, only strategies, moves and counter moves.

The miraclulous timing of holy spirit - my ass!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit