New video "Jehovah Has Done So Much for Me"

by NoIdeaWhatToBelieve 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• NoIdeaWhatToBelieve
    NoIdeaWhatToBelieve

Hey all,

Have you seen the new video on http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/living-bible-principles/adult-survivor-child-abuse-video/ ?

Isn't this too much of a coincidence? With all the bad publicity from ARC...

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Just watched it. The timing is quite interesting, and is definitely not a coincidence.

No Apologies

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Family friend? A JW perhaps? Which they conveniently forgot to mention?

Or it was prior to them learning about the JWs? Probably, who else would get in front of the camera for the JWs and say such nice things about them.

If she had been molested by a member, interrogated by the elders, made to feel guilty, dirty and the one to blame. And then told to bottle her pain because it would be slander to speak out. Then told not to take a brother to court and bring approach upon Jehovah's name...

Something tells me someone like that would not help the JWs make this video...

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

It's even an Australian video. Filmed in Sydney by the look of it.

What an 'up yours' to victims of the Judicial Committee process, using a woman who was abused before she became a JW (according to what she said), thus smokescreening what is being exposed at the Royal Commission at hearings in Sydney.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    You know what i had to turn this off half way through. It make feel angry that they put out a video like this, it gives witnesses the excuse they need to go SEE she got over it why cant you, wow the empathy, Jehovahs witnesses care. Do they hell. I suppose on a more positive note at least they are doing something. If it helps one person then thats good. I dont want to see it.
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    You know what i had to turn this off half way through. It make feel angry that they put out a video like this, it gives witnesses the excuse they need to go SEE she got over it why cant you, wow the empathy, Jehovahs witnesses care. Do they hell. I suppose on a more positive note at least they are doing something. If it helps one person then thats good. I dont want to see it.

It is typical...

Someone talks about how much help they have got from prayer, bible reading, talking to elders etc.

In what way will that help a victim who is feeling down and who is trying to be a good witness and do all these thing?

"it should be working, the publications and videos shows that... There must be something wrong with me, Jehovah is not listening to me. It was my own fault, I put myself in the situation, did not dress modestly enough etc. And Jehovah knows this."

I can only see this video causing future damage...

• millie210
    millie210
    I wish there was a way to know if this is even a "real" experience or more like the ones given at the Regional Assemblies where things are more or less made up, or a combination of homogenized experiences to make a point.
  • NoIdeaWhatToBelieve
    NoIdeaWhatToBelieve

I do think it is not a coincidence but a strategy to deviate the attention somehow... I think that those who are not aware of the ARC would find this video so heartwarming. And even if they hear some allegations, they would probably block them thinking the abuse took place before knowing "the truth" or similar reasoning...

When I saw this video (a JW friend posted it on facebook), I immediately made the connection. And I realised, had I not known about ARC, this video would have been just an encouraging story.

@Max Divergent Do you really think it is filmed in Australia?

• freddo
    freddo

And in the newsroom section of jwdotorg. In the legal and human rights and legal developments section; guess what is missing? In among the Russia stuff and the yapping about South Korea and this and that - you got it.

NOTHING ABOUT THE ROYAL COMMISSION IN AUSTRALIA

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore
    freddo - noticed that myself a couple days ago. Funny how they miss out any potentially negative news.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit