2007 Awake mentions Child Abuse in Australia!

by SG098 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• SG098
    SG098
    Wow-O-WOW!!!
    In the October 2007 Awake! Page 11, the b0rg had the audacity to say this concerning child sexual abuse:

"Sadly, though, most of such [child abuse] crimes go unpunished by authorities today. In Australia, for example, it has been estimated that only 10 percent of offenders are prosecuted, and few are convicted. Other lands have had a similar record. While governments may be able to do little to protect the Christian family, the application of Bible principles can do far more." (October 2007 Awake! Page 11)

Here's the link to this publication:
    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102007363

Isn't GB member Geoffrey Jackson head of the writing committee??? He must of knew that when this article was published in 2007, hundreds of JW offenders were not being reported and prosecuted!!!

I sent this info to the Royal Commission.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Holy crap!

So they hide pedo's from the authorities, contribute a massive part to the problem in one country, and all the while this was going on, they say crap like this. reporting on a problem they are in fact a large part of causing.

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Oh the irony! The hypocrisy! The chutzpa!
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    It is truly mind blowing how they can write a lot of what they write with a straight face. Articles on how we should never give anyone the silent treatment and then they impose shunning, pictures condemning peddling of medical treatments while they are the chief peddlers of the Word, and mentions like this one that show a total lack of self-awareness. They are just a caricature of what they think they are.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

The most amazing thing to me, is that the majority of JW's (uber) don't see this.

Most do not even know what is happening with the RC in Australia. We mentioned it to someone who has a lot of connections in NY (Beth Hell) and they did not even know what is going on. Even if they did, they would just blame it on Satans influence!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SG098: I sent this info to the Royal Commission.

Perfect!

Those blokes have really done their homework, but they must LOVE having a Worldwide Network of free legal-assistants filling in every little missed bit of intelligence!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Once again, I don't dare facepalm.

It'll hurt too much.

• prologos
    prologos

I sent this info to the Royal Commission.

SG098

A good strategy would have been to do that, but not post the details here until Monday.
    why aid wt in the process of pre-trial "discovery"? prepare for the riposte?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The application of Bible principle can do more. Right ! Don't have another witness oh to bad so sad, thanks for telling us bye bye now.
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    "Sadly, though, most of such [child abuse] crimes go unpunished by authorities today.In Australia, for example, it has been estimated that only 10 percent of offenders are prosecuted, and few are convicted. Other lands have had a similar record. While governments may be able to do little to protect the Christian family, the application of Bible principles can do far more." (October 2007 Awake! Page 11)

Is that their "estimation" or did they deduce that number from all the offenders in the congregations who they have files on and who has escaped prosecution?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit