Oh, my God! I have blood coming out of my.......

by gilwarrior 31 Replies latest social physical

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

ASS! OK, now that I have your attention let me tell you my situation. For the past three days I have noticed blood coming out of my rectum. It has really freaked me out. I am not sure what the problem could be. If it continues I will have to go to a doctor. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I've been eating badly since I came to Vegas. That could be it. My biggest concern could be colon cancer.

Any thought what it could be?

• FrankyFourVests
    FrankyFourVests

I think i'm going to stop opening your threads. Good day to you sir.

• Robdar
    Robdar

My former mother in law had the same problem and it wound up being internal hemmoroids. Is it fresh blood, meaning is it red? How much is coming out? Is it in your stool? It could also be a sign of ulcers or rectal cancer. Why are you waiting a couple of days before going to the doctor? If you don't have insurance, go to a hospital that accepts installments for payment. Blood coming out of your ass can be a serious medical conditon.

I wish you well. Let us know if you are okay.

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 26 December 2002 10:46:26

• D8TA
    D8TA

If it's red...like when you cut your skin and bleed, it's most likely you popped your spincter and nothing to worry about. Just be extra thorough when eh...wiping and cleaning yourself.

If it's a real dark brownish to black color your getting, get to a hospital right away. You'll notice the color difference from your movements (since they tend to be on the brown side). It'll be sorta "maple syrupy" lookin...believe me, it's noticable.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It might be a good idea to visit a doctor, ya think?

If blood has spent any time in you G.I. tract, it usually becomes black. If it is red blood, it could be 'roids, but it could also be something else.

Either a doctor or a shaman should be consulted, depending on whether you desire to live or not.

Thanks for sharing. I was picking my nose while I read your post, and I farted a couple of times.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If it is red blood then it is likely just hemorrhoids and the bleeding is near the rectum... if it is dark blood then the blood is from farther in and could be more serious.

If it is hemorroids then you don't really have to worry about anything serious happening to you. They can be anything from a minor nucance to extreamly painful... but not dangerious or life threatening.

It would be a good idea to make a Dr's appointment just to make sure.

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi Gilwarrior,

Don't panic! If you are young cancer is very unlikely. There are many causes for the bleeding you describe and most are not fatal. If your blood is bright red as opposed to dark then your source is very near the anus and might even be as simple as irritated skin around this area from wiping too hard. A yeast infection can crack the thin skin in this area and cause some bleeding also. If you have insurance you should go to a Dr. just in case it is something more severe. You should probably go even if you don't have insurance since we are not medical experts. If you only have small amounts of bright red blood then I would guess that you have mild hemeroids or a yeast infection and then a change in diet and/or the use of moistened wipes instead of dry toilet paper will probably solve your problem. Cut out the sugar in your diet including soft drinks and alcoholic drinks, beer being the worse, to clear up the yeast infection. Get more fiber in your diet even if it means taking a few non-sugared fiber pills everyday as this will soften the stool and move your waste through your system faster. Drink more water, NOT coffee or pop.

If you have several ounces of blood and/or it is dark blackish looking you need to get medical help ASAP. Don't risk your health over a few bucks. If you are really poor most hospitals will look at you anyway. Get help if you have severe bleeding or pain especially. At the very least try my suggestions for a few weeks to see if you don't improve.

Good Luck

• Mulan
    Mulan

Gil, the fact that you asked us this questions, shows how much you trust us, I think. It is very personal, and I am very glad you asked.

I agree with the other posters. Probably just hemorroids. Unless you have eaten beats lately.

• blondie
    blondie

I had this problem and it turned out to be internal hemrrhoids. Get ye to a physician, young man. It is easy to verify and treat.

Blondie

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Always consult a doctor, however, it's just probibly rhoids, and you need more fiber. Junk food, like fast food, doesn't help the situation, it just helps to stop things up, so eat alot of fresh fruit if you can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit