StephenW - Myss' stuff

by Introspection 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Introspection
    Introspection

Interesting Stephen, I may have to look at Myss' work more closely. I find it ironic that many treat Buddhism as a religion, making up altars with statues of Buddha, Tara, Quan Yin or whatever, whereas that attachment is really against what Gautama Buddha taught. I can see why there is some question over whether Buddhism is even a religion. To be honest, I actually know very little about world religions, all I know basically came from a comparative religion class I took. I don't really "practice" anything, because it's all about how you live from day to day, bringing mindfulness and compassion to it if you describe it in Buddhist terms. I think regardless of your religion and spiritual practice, you're ultimately missing the point if you become attached to the form. Maybe that's where the "don't know mind" comes in, when you do away with the preconceived notions you have then the truth becomes self-evident..

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Intro,

I liked the point of cults HIDING OUT int he shadow side of spiritual power..... thats how I see the boys in Brooklyn........

if they are quiet enough and just keep going about their prinitng business MAYBE not many will noitice they have no clue.......and the cash just rolls in........

and so far! they have done quite well.........

S

• Introspection
    Introspection

Stephen,

It is an old story of course, we just happen to be attached to this case due to our past and some also have loved ones still in the org. More and more are waking up and taking note, maybe not enough yet but the numbers are certainly growing. I believe it is a natural process, that's why I'm not into preaching even if it is "the truth about the truth." After all, it is not enough to break away from this particular organization, you don't want to get right back in another one.

Mark

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Mark,
    I can understand not wanting to give away any of your energy to another tribe/org........

for me with my immediate family and extended family entrenched in the fray... i will not go quietly or without at least using the laws in place to their fullest accord............

S

• Introspection
    Introspection

Stephen, it's not so much about another tribe, it's what they stand for. If the opportunity arises I'd like to be in a good one, though even the better ones is mixed I think..

M

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit