Worldly charity helps Jehovah's Witness child with life-threatening heart defect after Watchtower Society 'charity' refuses help

by jwleaks 31 Replies latest watchtower medical

• sir82
    sir82
    It's hard to fund lifesaving charity work when you've got a multi-million dollar resort, er, headquarters, to build. Plus all those legal fees and out of court settlements! Surely you don't expect the "only true religion" to do anything to actually help people, do you?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    OTWO - Watchtower determined that I suffered extreme financial loss and wrote me a check. No kidding.

I just woke up.....that made me faint!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Typical JW, past the buck to someone else. They do NOTHING for it's members. It's like a friend who always takes but never gives back.

WOW! So true.

Doc

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Otow- one small correction... Well more of an addendum. I too was in florida to help woth andrew relief work (nice to know we chewed some of the same dirt). While the massive donations of goods as opposed to strictly money is true, the society still had a scam: every house you and I repaired, with our donated time and materials, the society asked the homeowners to donate the insurance checks to them. They just streamlined the scam even further
  • R. Jerome Harris
    R. Jerome Harris

To me, this has always been one of the most disturbing elements of the WTBTS: It's "stingyness" and unwillingness to put people first before its real estate holdings and printing literature.

I have sat in Kingdom Halls for more than 30 years and I have seen poor people come and go with real day-by-day living problems and the elderly sick and in need of medication. I have seen elderly Pioneer couples attend conventions with no lodging or food to eat and the "friends" paint on fake smiles pretending that they are in some "spiritual paradise."

I have seen single mothers with small children in tow going to the meetings in need of food and clothing (just a little help) and neither the organization or those "well to do" within the congregation will not lend a hand. "Just get to the meetings and participate in the FS arrangement and Jehovah will bless you!" This is shameful.

I can fully understand why Jesus threw the money-changers out of the temple. Money, used for the wrong purpose, blinds and corrupts the mind.

Rather than the organization building lavish kingdom halls and assembly buildings, it should have had the mindset of taking those vast resources and "giving to the poor" and the fatherless child and the widower and teaching its membership to have the same mindset.

Why are youths of all races and African American men leaving the organization in droves? Because the organization does nothing for them.

When I was a JW, I used to defend the notion that the Watch Tower is a "White mans" religion. Now, I am quick to say that it is. I do not mean this in a racist light. Not at all! But from the standpoint of looking its "traditional" leadership at the top (Governing Body) to the lowly publisher in the congregation. Its membership at the Governing Body level has traditionally been a White man's club. The relative recent addition of Sam Herd does not change anything. He is a "safe Negro."

Watch Tower literature is most telling. Portrayals of persons none of have ever seen are in the likeness of the Anglo-Saxon. Adam, Eve, Jesus, Angels, The Prophets, The Apostles and others are portrayed in this manner. This is shameful, insensitive shortsighted, and insulting to the other races among the human family.

The WT is more concern about how it "appears" for the world and concerned more about its image rather than the human element. (This is a fear of men)

I find it extremely difficult to accept any religious organization claiming to be of God and Christ who talks a good game about love but does not DO or practice it with regards others. Christ NEVER taught that "things" were more important than people.

The WT organization would rather spend thousands of dollars on new chairs, carpet or a fresh coat of paint for its real estate than on people. There is a real mental dysfunction in all of that.

The really sad part is that all individual JWs know this but dare not speak openly about it out of fear of being labeled rebellious, disobedient or - at worst - an apostate and expelled.

What is funny are the Televangelizers. They are crooks and scammers for sure. Yes, they will scam for money. But at least many of them take a portion of their vast dishonest earnings and set up programs for youths, daycare centers, help for the elderly, etc.

WTBTS, what makes you better than the Televangelizers?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Lurkers, wake up! You are on your own. You are nothing but an expendable "locust" warrior/cannon fodder for the WTBTS Inc.

Individuals may help you, but "as a group" ( LOL! I made a funny!) the WTBTS hierarchy is not concerned with your problems. Jeehoober's "name" aka, WTBTS Real Estate, is the #1 priority.

DD

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Did they not even help out a little? Not even under the (secret) provisions to help JWs with medical costs which only those with access to the branch manual should know about in case the provision should be 'abused' (ie someone ask)?
  • NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Why help? The new system is just around the corner...and we have the wonderful hope of resurrection...Jesus didn't spend all of his precious time in charity works...no! his message offered a permanent solution. Even those he cured ended up dying...but if you believe you will live forever. So whatever happens in this life doesn't matter because the real life belong to those who believe in the Watchtower....

How did I do? I still can't be I believed this bull shit.

• Splash
    Splash

Ettien, a Jehovah’s Witness, decided to write a letter to the religious organization’s U.S. headquarters, which referred him to the Gift of Life program. He learned about the local program and wrote another message to Riley Hospital for Children, which then connected him to the local Rotary Club.

Does this mean that the WT has reversed it's long held stance on giving to charities?

*** w50 12/15 p. 507 Religious Charity versus Good Works ***
    It is no secret, many so-called “charity” organizations operate a fraud and racket. For example, the New York Times, September 6, 1950, carried an account of how certain “religious charitable organizations” operating in Brooklyn, New York, are giving the poor only 15 per cent of the money they beg from the public. God’s faithful people cannot afford to donate to such organizations. They must use what they have to preach this gospel of the established Kingdom for the benefit of the poor everywhere, as commanded.

*** w03 6/1 p. 7 Giving That Pleases God ***
    When it comes to organized charity, though, we need to be cautious as we evaluate the many appeals we receive. Some charities have high administrative or fund-raising costs, leaving only a small portion of the collected money for the intended purpose. Proverbs 14:15 says: “Anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps.” So it is the course of wisdom to examine the facts carefully.

There is a kind of giving that is even more important than charity. [...] In other words, as commendable and beneficial as charitable acts are, Christian discipleship involves more.
  • Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985
    a close relative of mine was recently told by her elders to stop taking "gifts/help" from worldly organizations and that they would start helping her with any needs because it looked bad for her to be taking gifts from them. I will ask her if they have indeed stepped up and started helping. Which I already know this was just a tactic to keep people from saying so and so is a JW and takes help from us but those JW's never donate or help others. And I'm pretty positive she doesn't ask them for that help because she doesn't want to feel needy or talked about in the cong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit