Funniest/Most outrageous/Most Shocking/ thing...

by Happy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

There are too many outrageous things to recount.

One of my favorites was debating an elder on whether Jesus died on a cross or a stake. He screamed at me, "Jesus would never have died on a cross because a cross is a pagan symbol."

I ended the debate there. lol.

• TR
    TR

I had an old hag sister suggest to me that I get a vacsectomy, so that I wouldn't be burdened with small kids during the great tribulation. Ha! That was when my 18 year old university student was just a baby. HA!

TR

• rebel
    rebel

Marcos,

I too was told I would have been stoned to death had I lived in ancient times - doesn't a remark like that give you a warm feeling inside!!

xxR

• Dia
    Dia

A JW whose adolescent stepson committed suicide remarked flippantly (in typical, 'not my fault' fashion), 'Well they were going to kill him anyway. He was into drugs and everything'

Nauseating.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

There are many...One that sticks out though is around 1977 or 1978 during the Service Meeting, a brother was giving a part from the KM on How bad and dangerous the music of the day was. The WTS suggested disposing of any "Questionable" music we had in our homes. Well, being married at the time to a pioneer who was WAY out of balance, and the badgering I took to throw away most of my albums, I succomed....Damn...I look back at what I tossed out and half of them are collectors items today. To name a few: Cactus, Eagles, Yes, Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, VanHalen, Moby Grape, Spooky Tooth, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix...and on and on the misery goes!!! What a crock that was...Still pissed after all these years!!!

CC

• mouthy
    mouthy

Was when I was first disfellowshipped my JW daughter called & said she would never talk to me again unless I returned to the "truth" & added "Mum be glad you didnt live in olden times I would have to help stone you.... " This from a girl I adored. Loved so much ( still do) But she said it with such venom...I created her in flesh & in the WT......Shame on me....

• LB
    LB

How did you have the composure to respond so gently??

Actually I was prepared to respond that way. I had heard such things said in the past so I gave the answer I thought would be best. But inside I was seething.

• rebel
    rebel

Marcos & Mouthy - maybe we should start a "Should have been stoned" club. Isn't that a horrible thing for a 'Christian' to say? I am so sorry for you Mouthy, that those words were spoken by your daughter. It would cut me to the heart if my daughter said that to me. I hope your daughter has softened a little and, if not, I hope she realises the truth about 'the truth' one day.

xxR

• Englishman
    Englishman

"What am I supposed to tell your Grandmother when she is resurrected into the New Order and asks where's Michael? Then I will have to say that he was amongst the slain of Jehovah!"

Ah, memories.

Englishman.

• meadow77
    meadow77

I guess they missed the part where Jesus advised he who was without sin to cast the first stone.

Edited by - meadow77 on 26 December 2002 12:8:9

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit