Best argument against a Jehovah's Witness?

by Happy 51 Replies latest jw friends

• og
    og

4 questions:

1) Does the WTS claim to be God's sole channel, to be spirit directed, and to speak in God's name?

2) Has the WTS ever made predictions about the future?

3) Have any of these predictions not come true?

4) What is the difference between this and false prophecy?

• Nickey
    Nickey

Happy,

I decided to leave for alot of different reasons. One of the main reasons was the contradictions and some hyporcritical statements/actions made.

Something odd kept happening to my family. An incident happened back in the early 90's that almost got my mother disfellowshipped. I ask her what was going on and she burst out in tears that they framed her because she spoke of something she wasn't suppose to regarding a situation. It was a private meeting between her and the elders. I started noticing later on that no matter what congregation we went to, the elders always knew of the situation. And it would leak into every congregation. We ended up getting treated badly. Very rude and unloving at times. They'd do alot of things that were outright rude...

We moved to another state and yet the elders still knew of the situation as if it was on file. And that's when it struck me that it just may be the case.

I also decided to seperate myself because the total control. It was too overbearing. And I found myself living every second of my life worrying and watching every little thing I did and said. I felt half-dead and my life was passing me by. Then I started researching and answered all my doubts. Too many flip-flops and changing up of doctrines. 1914 and the UN was what came to my attention first.

It all came down to a feeling of something not being right. I've felt something was wrong since I was 7 years old... everything else that followed only confirmed it. And things just started revealing itself.

So, that's pretty much my story...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit