The big talk with parents - need help!

by zenpunk 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

I'm with Metatron:

" Lay down the law on shunning.

You talk to us, eat with us, etc. as a FAMILY, period! Do not cooperate with rude,
    arrogant Witness behavior. With kids in tow, you now have some leverage, I hope you
    can use it compassionately for all involved."

In fact, lay down the law on EVERYTHING. Make a list. Check it twice (pardon). Cover everything. YOU are in control here. YOU have something they want, therefore you hold ALL the cards. If you don't do it upfront, you will regret it.

My six year-old son came home from his grandparents complaining about having to "study" and having my mother say prayers at bedtime for him to repeat. I hit the roof. I was furious as only I can get furious.

I got my mother on the phone and the conversation was swift, short and brutal. "Don't say anything. Just listen. You will not "study" with Robbie. You will not say prayers for Robbie to reherse. You will not take him to a meeting, one of you will just have to stay home. In short you will never open your mouth to my son about your religious cult ever again. If you violate ONE shred of what I've just told you, I will take every possible step, including whatever LEGAL options are open to me to insure you never see him again. If you have any questions, put them in a letter. When I'm ready to talk to you again, I'll let you know. Right now I'm too furious to deal with you further." click.

And I meant it and they knew I did. Don't pussyfoot around on this issue.

francois

P.S. They never did violate even one shred of my demands, either. For the remainder of his minority, they were both Careful P. Charley.

Edited by - francois on 25 December 2002 16:37:7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit