Je Suis Charlie

by Slidin Fast 43 Replies latest social current

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Correction:  One in custody, two being pursued.  Stay tuned.
  • Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Insisting on having it's own way and being sole authority over all, intolerant of all who object.

Would that not also apply equally to communism?

Bill 

• Shanagirl1
    Shanagirl1

I think every news organization, should show the cartoons those people died for, on the front covers  and TV screens and YouTube.  I hope they have another sony momoment and show it anyway.  Why should it be blocked?  Post it the hell all over the place.

Shana

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Would that not also apply equally to communism? - under Joseph Stalin or Kim Jong Un, yes.
  • Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Je suis Charlie aussi.

This was an horrendous crime which, IMO, will have extremely serious repercussions.  Maybe members outside Europe don't realise how this dominating news across Europe this morning.

After the Danish cartoon scandal some nine years ago Christopher Hitchens delivered some very forthright speeches, and he was absolutely right.

There was already foment in many European countries.  Yesterday, by sad coincidence, my brother and I were discussing tensions here in the UK.  And the news reported publication of a new novel 'Submission' by France's most popular novelist which plausibly foresaw an Islamist government in France in 2025.

There was already unrest throughout Europe - from recent events in Scandinavia, through Germany, France with the NF, to UK with its range from rabid nationalism to milder but loony UKIP.  And those are only the bits I know about.

IMO, there are enough problems in the world that we need to solve (hunger, disease, poverty) and I am generally optimistic that we, as humanity, can achieve a lot.  Divisions caused by imaginary offence to imaginary deities only get in the way.

I am minded of the fatwas issued against Rushdie merely for writing a novel, and I can't help but wonder why the imams of the various islamic cults don't issue fatwas against their own nutters carrying out these acts.

(And, while I'm in rant mode, if the JW GB REALLY believed all their crap, why aren't they in Iraq/Syria/etc. explaining to radical islamists why they're wrong?)

It's a futile dream to imagine that all organised religion would disppear but it's tantalising to wonder how much humanity could achieve without it.

Je suis Charlie.

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

Religion is way past its use by date. Isn't it time it was banned? So called Christians were once just as violent as Muslims. They killed for their religion.

Maybe this is the one thing that JWs believe that will actually happen... the end of religion.

• coalize
    coalize

I won't answer at your posts today, even if it's a lot to say!

I don't have the power, nor the disposition to do so, now. My cries take all my power last night, and i'm without energy now.

Among the drawers who was killed yesterday, one was a friend of mine. I was talking to him last October, at a satiric comics convention. And the anothers was like friends for me, even if I didn't know them personnal, because I live with their work since i'm in age to understand it.

The only things I want to say, it's this terrorists wanted to kill Charlie, but they killed only his body. His spirit is still here and will still be. THEY FAILED

This terrorists wanted to make Charlie shut up, but next week, Charlie will be print in 1 000 000 copy. Usually it was 60 000 copy printed. THEY FAILED

This terrorists wanted to kill the freedom of speech by killing 6 of our more free and sarcastic drawers. More than 200 more already said to be interrested to continue the work. THEY FAILED

French have the reputation to be cowards. This terrorists thought by this act, the french will be scared and will full of fear. French will stand unite against this barbars. THEY FAILED

I will come back later, when my strong sadness to have lost a friend will be gone to answer more.

But be sure of one thing : This terrorists failed totally, and they will always fail!

• coalize
    coalize
    And last but not least, I'm really touched by all the worldwide support for this atrocious event. It's so imprtant and he will help us so much!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

You're correct in your use of English, coalize, this event wasn't tragic - it was atrocious.

I hope the injured make a quick recovery and the families of the deceased get the help they need. I hope the terrorists get what they deserve, too. 

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

LUHE,

Add to that list Cuba, whose citizens - to this very day - still enjoy the freedom to do as they are told!

Bill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit