4 versions of Jesus resurrection- all different

by purrpurr 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

"The wages of sin is death ", so the story goes .Once you die , you are free from the death that Adam inflicted on mankind .

Their have been a few resurrections taking place in scripture ,most notably Lazarus,but not only him their were others .

If they died as scripture attests to , then why did they need to die again ? They had paid for their sins by dying as required by the scripture ",The wages of sin is death" And then they were resurrected back to life , free from the sin of Adam . which should mean in Jehovah`s Witness beliefs ,they would not die again .

So where are these resurrected people that Jehovah`s Witnesses should think be alive today ?

smiddy

Why aren`t they walking around on earth today instructing us about the truths of God`s word ?

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

a series of 4 videos, explains everything, including what the word about Mary grasping to Jesus means in greek.

This is the video about after the resurrection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5j_ZDwJSwE

• Deltawave
    Deltawave
    Smiddy, that is exactly what I've been thinking for months now. Those resurrected should by rights live forever as they paid for their sins when they died. Looks like nonsense....
  • Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

Some of you may find this entertaining and/or useful:

The Gospel Story Quiz

Enjoy ;)

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Saying the bible doesn't contradict itself is like taking a square peg and cutting it down and then using a hammer to force it to go into a round hole. And then you go around and telling everyone it fits, and if anyone mentions the gaps you tell them they aren't looking at it right.

What were Jesus' last words?

Jesus' last words

MAT 27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

LUK 23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

JOH 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

• smiddy
    smiddy

Petraglyph

I did the quiz , and so did my D.I.L. and of course we both had interesting results , I would recommend everybody doing the Gospel story Quiz .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit