A Whole Fortnight! Yes....!!!

by Englishman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yes, good people, the overworked citizens of the UK now have a whole fortnight off work, except for a few unfortunates who are in the retail and banking industries. Big sob, aahh!

So, it's 2 weeks of religious contemplation, goodwill t'wards all men and the hand of friendship extended around the empire er, colonies, umm rest of the world, until we return to our secular activities on Jan 6, 2003.

Of course one or two of us might get seriously sozzled in the pub, feed our faces with piles of food and be glued to the telly for the rest of the time whilst watching the footie.

So, come on, tell us how you will be celebrating this year!

Englishman.

• Simon
    Simon

Well, I'm working today and tomorrow ... and then back in on the 2nd of Jan.

What will I be doing over Christmas?

Probably showing the kids how to work their toys ... buying new batteries ... gluing things back together.

I have foolishly told Angharad that I would cook the dinner but I hope she helps (unless she wants chees butties)

After standing to attention during the queen's speech (ha) I'll be working on the forum.

• FrankyFourVests
    FrankyFourVests

What the hell.. that's a lot of tiem off. Get back to work you lazy sods!

• D8TA
    D8TA
    that's a lot of tiem off

Yep...way to much tiem! Not to mention the TIME they have off also! Heh heh...heh. (stares at the wall)

I'm bored.

• Scully
    Scully

E-man,

I know you didn't mean to overlook the hardworking and dedicated health care professionals who know that sickness and new babies have no regard for planned time off from work.

Enjoy your holiday!! I'll be at the hospital (working 12-hour night shifts) on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, if anyone's looking for me.....

Love, Scully

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Me, too Scully!

I drew the Christmas eve till 6 pm on Christmas sift. I'll be thinking of ya. (yeah, I know, its a 32 hour shift, but that's how my job ususally goes) At least I have a call room where I can get on the computer and sleep, when needed. Usually xmas is quiet on the maternity ward!

j2bf

• Jesika
    Jesika

I will be going to my mom's for dinner. This will be the first X-mas dinner I have ever had with my mom. Then gift exchanges.

Then I will be off to my boyfriend's parents house for dessert and more gift exchanging.

Then I will be preparing for the next day, the 26th is my birthday so I have another full day right after x-mas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesika

• Francois
    Francois

So THAT'S what a fortnight is. I've been wondering about that for the longest time.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

We're going over to my newly liberated parent's house, celebrating in the basement just in case the elders come by...

This is going to be out first Christmas as a family, and according to the weatherman, it will be a white Christmas...

Thank goodness my parents, wife, and almost all of my sibling are out. It's going to be a wonderful 2003.

ash

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Wow, her majesty knows how to treat her people. This is wonderful for everyone. (Do you all get paid for this time? Just wondering.)

America is so materialistic. We rarely shut down for a extra day unless we have a snow storm. Teachers and students are the only ones who have off the twelve days.

Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit