Millions now living, expect to be DA'd

by cyberguy 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

New strategy to DA/DF millions who have left.

I'm wondering if there isn't a new policy of DA'ing all those who no longer attend or are inactive "publishers" (find that in the Bible!). I've read a number of threads on this board whereby people are now being hunted-down, Nazi-fashion, if when queried, "are you one of JW?" they so "NO" and are promptly DA'ed! I've heard that elders were recently instructed to visit all "inactive ones" (actually to search out for "inactive ones" no matter how long they've been out!). However, I believe the real strategy is to DA (find that in the Bible) anyone, no matter how long they've been away from the KH, 30+ years, no problem, if they simply admit they don't consider themselves as being one of JW's! Elders, evidently, were instructed to ask the simple question "do you consider yourself one of JWs?" If anyone answers "no" there's an instant DA'ing at the next Service Meeting at the local KH! This is a travesty! In all my years of being a JW, I thought I would never see this day of such a witch-hunt! This is simply an appalling attack from the JW hierarchy! Satan is at work!

Edited by - cyberguy on 23 December 2002 18:15:44

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

It sounds like JW land has become like Stalinist Russia of the 1930s. The JWs are about to experience a major purge of unfaithful party members.

Athanasius

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Ok, buddy. Calm down. Be cool. Inhale.

Satan has always been at work! Nothing new here.

So what if you get da'd? So they have decided to enforce more loyalty, as though loyalty could be forced down other people's throats, or as if spiritual purity is a result of doctrinal unity and stupidity.

Anyway, how do you know about this? I'm curious. Are you an elder or something?

CZAR

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

hello czarofmischief,

I'm an x-elder (been in the "truth" for 40+ years, Bethel Service in the late 70's, Publishing Department, whatever that means)! I've been talking to friends of mine who are still elders and they've indicated that there's been a new directive to "visit" "inactive ones." However, I believe that the actual directive is to search out for those who do now want to be JWs and DA them as quickly as possible! I don't know why there's this directive, but I'm just reporting what I've heard!

Edited by - cyberguy on 23 December 2002 1:26:45

• dmouse
    dmouse

A possible explanation:

'Inactive ones' are more likely to go on apostate sites and find incriminating evidence against the tower. The information they hold could potentially be very damaging as they reveal it to active JWs. The Society need to prevent the still loyal JWs from accessing this information (an informed JW is an Ex-JW). The best way to do this is to stop them talking at all to anyone who might be a threat - hence a possible purge. The congregations can enforce a no-talking policy with anyone who trys to reveal the truth by DAing them.

Just a thought.

• abbagail
    abbagail

I just had to stop in and compliment you, cyberguy, on the title you chose for this thread! LOL! Good one!

What you describe has been news around this board for awhile, that in Jan., Feb. March the elders have been told to go out and find the inactives, etc. and like you say, find out what their thoughts are on being a JW or not. (Motive of the WT for doing this? to help them, or to can them? Ha! Take a wild guess.) Most likely WT would say to help them back since the Big-A is so close. My guess is as the others described above, to purge/DA so they can stop the rampant spread of internet info detrimental to the "minds" of current JWs.

Whatever... but I did LOVE your title, LOL!

• spec
    spec

Isn't this stalking?

• core
    core

Publicity is the enemy of the WT so it might be an idea to alert the world press to the 'campaign' to create thousands of 'shunned ones' from among all who were ever JWs

I think that the press would be delighted to take up the story of the Witch Hunt originated from the Grey Lubyianka in Brooklyn..think of the headlines ........

On a different note to this sad story..WHAT do the elders who are applying this directive think of it and themselves? Have they nothing better to do? Dont they feel a tiny bit worried about this? Or have all the feeling elders gone now to be purged in this putsch.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

If I see them coming, I will quickly put a "no witch-hunt" sign on the door, much like a no tresspassing sign.

ash

• gumby
    gumby

They are DAed if they simply admit they don't consider themselves as being one of JW's!

Didn't 1cor. 5:11 say...."if anyone calls himself a brother and is a fornicator idolater, blah blah, then let him be as a tax collector and never say a greeting to him?

When some one chooses.....not to be a brother.....and doesn't call himself a brother....then how do they justify their actions to DA or DF such a person according to this scripture?

The society has always said they will not "force" anyone to stay in and people can leave if they want to........which is bullshit as we all know. Now they want to hear you say it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit