running scared - Elder sighted off the port bow!

by czarofmischief 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The repercussions of my argument with my mother on the phone the other week are starting to make themselves felt. Let me be clear: I've been disfellowshipped from the org for two years now. I'm loving my freedom of thought.

So I was talking to my mom [still in the borg] and started expressing myself on various subjects on which I disagree, or at least see room for philosophical "wiggle room" with the Society's viewpoints. Things like the Trinity, or holidays, or whatever.

My mom freaked on the phone and told me that since I was disfellowshipped for immorality [true] that essentially, I was acting out of hurt and fear instead of having reasoned opinions on anything.

Later, my dad wanted to meet me for dinner [odd, since he is still in the org] and we had a long talk, wherein essentially I denied that the Society was God's organization and that the Bible is the completely inspired word of God. I simply cannot hold to those opinions in the face of the facts. I don't think the Bible is a deliberate lie, but it simply the very human record of contact with the Divine.

Anyway, the upshot is that this elder from my past hall called me and wants me to call him back. What is that all about? Is it true that the elders are swarming the field Nazi style? I mean, I really like this guy, he was one of the only ones who ever tried to help me, and I love him for it. I'm wondering if I should call him back, or not bother. I'm scared that they'll talk me into going back to the hall, and I really don't want to go. My disfellowshipping was the lesson in reality that taught me never to give any man power over my faith in God.

What do you guys think I should do? Talk to him? Meet with him? See what he wants? Hide? Track down the merciless pricks at Bethel that work these horrors upon us and smite them most mightily with a sword concealed at my right side, while they sit and take their ease upon their privy chambers? [ok, that was a joke]

ARGH! Oh, cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right.

CZAR of the panicking thespian class

• Gizmo
    Gizmo
    I mean, I really like this guy, he was one of the only ones who ever tried to help me, and I love him for it

I think you answered your own question

what can a mere man do to you anyway?

Talk to the guy, you may be wasting your time, or his or both, what harm can it do...you're already disfellowshipped. And who cares anyway.

Your parents obviously still love you mate...and that's the important thing..imho.

• Happy
    Happy

If you really know how controlling nd evil the Watchtower is (how long were you a witness?) then i don't see how you could be talked back into going to the Kingdon Hall. You have no reason to. Also, you no longer have any reason to feel guilty about your thoughts about things that the WT would label as evil. You don't have to answer to the elders anymore, and they aren't going to embarass you in front of all your "brothers and sisters". So you can talk to the guy, and have no fear to tell him what you think of the theocratic organization, as long as you're not obnoxious or don't start preaching. What's the worst that could happen?

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Talk to him and let us know the rest of the story!

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

I suspect he may want to go after your parents for "talking" to you! So beware!

• archangel01
    archangel01

If you are shun then noone can talk to you.so if the elders can talk to you then everyone can.Thats a double standard.Do as I say Not as I do.Just talk to see where it goes and maybe this guys is on the up and up.I guess or would say give the guy a chance maybe he really wants to help you.I don't have all the answers but just give that person a chance if he really means it.I guess YOU set the good example and put them to shame like jesus said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

But I don't WANNA be the good guy!

LOL! All right, I'll call him tomorrow night.

We'll see what happens.

CZAR of the tune in again next week class

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Oh Grand High Czar Of The M ischievous Kind

Smite Them And Bite Them With What I Have In Mind

Although A Batleth Would Be A Weapon Choice Of The Best

Kill Them With Kindness And Put Them To The Test

Your Parents Do Love You With All Their Heart And Soul

So Do This Act Of Kindness And Pay Them This Son's Toll

If The Leaders Of This Religion Are Out In Nazi Style

Then It Is Time For Your Family To Be Saved In Just Awhile

By The Hand Of Their Son Whom Shall Speak With Words Most Sublime

Will Come The Freedom Of Your Family And Your Faith In Due Time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Czar my comrade in battle

You wrote,"My disfellowshipping was the lesson in reality that taught me never to give any man power over my faith in God." I am assuming then you were a repentant sinner and needed help more then the boot! Although I believe religion is a choice and I would never tell anyone which to choose....this particular faith has been destroying families.

From youre past posts and this one I can tell your parents and sister love you very much and wish for you to be a part of their lives. This Religion Not God wishes to separate you if you do not comply and conform to their edicts. To me this is a great travesty and injustice. You are in a position now to maybe really show your family what this Religion is about.

If your battle strategy is absolute mildness and kindness....and you speak with this elder who as you say of him,"I really like this guy, he was one of the only ones who ever tried to help me, and I love him for it." Then whatever the outcome you and your family will know the "Truth" about "The Truth"

If a man as good as you perceive this man to be insists they cut you out just because you will not be a JW. Then they and you will know this Religion cannot be right. If this man reports back and it is like cyberguy says,"I suspect he may want to go after your parents for "talking" to you!" Then again you and your family will know what to do.

Now if you meet this elder and he is tolerant and doesn't manipulate you or force you to believe as he does.......and he gives everyone well wishes. Then again you and your family will know what to do.

All and all Our Czar this being frustrated about your family being in the JW Religion and an unrighteous disfellowshipment. (Any repentant sinner who is dissed has been unrighteously removed) May be coming to an end

I do realize it could mean your family would truly shun you for a time but, from how they have behaved so far I think in time they would never give you up.

Take Heart Dear Czar And Remember Those Who Fight A Warrior Who Is Tried And True

Will That Day For All Eternity Rue

Agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

Edited by - Utopian_Raindrops on 23 December 2002 1:32:29

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

I see while I was typing away you made up your mind! lol

Good!!

How you enjoying your new warcraft game?

Will tune in next week to your regular scheduled programing"These Are The Days Of Our Czar"

Ciao 4 now,

Utopian_Raindrops

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I enjoy the game very much, UR.

The only beef I have with it is that it is too easy, and that I spend a lot of time being the "bad" guys. while such activity is enjoyable every once in a while, I prefer to wear the white hat into battle.

I like your poems a great deal - it shows that you put real thought and effort into your replies, and that makes me feel good; like I really exist out here in cyberland. Thank you for your efforts. I'm a bit of a scribbler myself, perhaps we could swap stories sometime.

CZAR of the Bold and Beautiful class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit