Witness behavior in my gym ....

by SecretSlaveClass 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• brandnew
    brandnew

Dont trip......being buff is part of the buisness !!!!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Man I'm so jealous. Why didn't I ever meet jw chicks like that.
  • Listener
    Listener
    Now that's a good looking car.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

ToesUp:

Things that make ya go....Hmmm!

That does sound suspicious. And yes it wouldn't surprise me if she is the type you described. I should have asked the husband if he was an elder.

StarTrekAngel I am not sure that a woman that wants intellectual recognition goes around poking and touching men.
    Agreed!

nowwhat?
    nowwhat?3 hours agoi bet she was wearing spanx !!!

Lol! No yoga pants but I'm sure Lord Morris would not have approved of that either!

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Joe:

Does Bethel have a gym? Join it!

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Since when do the dubs frown on gun ownership? Just about every JW I know down here in Texas owns at least one.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Since when do the dubs frown on gun ownership? Just about every JW I know down here in Texas owns at least one.

Those aren't "guns". Down in Texas, those are called "Jesus sticks".

• Brighid
    Brighid

Cappytan: I'm native Texan myself having grown up in congs here in DFW but also having spent time in congs up north. Been out a long time but I remember that the particular issue of gun ownership was viewed like night and day between the two regions. Most witnesses I knew here (TX), had no qualms about hunting and especially fishing. The witnesses up north viewed it like it was tantamount to going to college in the 1980's.... yeah, officially it was a matter of conscience but "just not done.".

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Brighid: exactly why I'm trying to move to a red state. I'm atheist, but still love my big boy toys. I can deal with the Jesus freaks.
  • Brighid
    Brighid

Cappytan: at the risk of hijacking this thread, come on down! There's one thing we have and that's lots of room! That, and definitely lots of individualism (I myself am far from "red", but here, with a fiesty enough attitude, people will give you your space). We also take great pride in being one of the few states that the big government is still afraid of messing with (we've been through several revolutions)... too much. We at least give them pause. I myself, along with my husband) am a Libertarian with very socially liberal leanings. Even though Texans are seen as mostly Republican, there's a spirit here that says as lon as you're willing to stand up for your beliefs, whether popular or not (i.e., before the recent federal law, my husband and I performed same sex marriages for couples who'd had to go out of state to get an "official" one so friends and family could share in the celebration)... it's all about being able to hold your own in a place like this. There's somewhat (not always, but for the most part), a high respect for people who, even if they have differing views, will look you in the eye and say, "yeah, what of it", instead of a half hearted acquiescence to public opinion bc you don't have the courage to stand up for what you believe to be right. There's more overall respect here (from my experience) for individualism than I experienced up north (as a side note, some of the most covertly and vehemently racist and homophobic individuals I ever met were up north, where I lived for 8+ years). People would feel very comfortable in spouting their racism and homophobic (all very hush hush) with me I guess bc I'm from TX. I was shocked. But I digress and apologize for redirecting this thread. PM me if you want tips on relocating to TX.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit