Witness behavior in my gym ....

by SecretSlaveClass 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

About two months ago two very attractive ladies in their mid 30's signed on at one of the gyms I belong to. For a while I noticed them watching me and naturally I assumed they were taking an interest in how I went about training my clients since many do before they decide to approach me and inquire about my services (I own a health and fitness consultancy).

Sure enough one of them approached me a few weeks back and asked me for a business card, inquired about rates and various other aspects involved with signing on with me. I handed her a card and explained that my client schedule was full but she should consider signing on with one of my personal trainers who still had some open spots available.

She then asked me a peculiar question, "Oh its a girl? Don't you have any male personal trainers available?"

This is not the first time I've been asked for personal trainer of a specific sex, but it is the first time a potential female client has wanted a male trainer, when they are specific about the trainer's sex they have always asked for a female - which makes sense. I told her that if any of my male trainers or myself ended up with an open slot, we'd be happy to take her on.

One day I was was in the middle of my own routine when she came over to me and began to openly flirt with innuendo and even some touching in the form of laing a hand on my arm, shoulder or chest as she spoke or laughed. At this point I began to feel uncomfortable and explained to her that I was married and allowing her to continue to touch me would be a poor reflection on me, particularly since this was a place of business for me.

She apologized explaining that she did not realize I was married because she did not see me wearing a ring. I in turn told her why I wasn't wearing a ring: when I lift heavy weights my ring digs into my finger and the ring aslo gets ruined and I hate wearing gloves. She actually had the audacity to ask, "You're not just saying that to get rid of me are you?" I called a fellow member over who knows my wife and I fairly well and asked him to confirm that I was indeed married.

"Oh ok. Well I wasn't trying to come on to you or anything like that, I was just tryimg to make conversation," she added.

to cut a long story short, she stopped flirting with me but began her flirtatious behavior with someone else who was only too happy to have her attention.

Last Monday she was at the Pharmacy with - guess who - her husband AND was sporting a large rock on her hand. Like myself, she was waiting to collect a prescription. When she turned she saw me and I could visibly see her cheeks blush. I greeted her and she me and I decided to indulge in a little banter with the hope of conveying to her with my eyes and demeanor that I now knew what she was up to. She introduced me to her husband who seemed like a decent sort of person and he and I began chatting about the outdoors and I asked him if he fished or hunted.

Then the bomb, "I fish yes but don't hunt. Our religion frowns on gun ownership."

Immediately I knew the answer before I asked the question, "Oh which religion is that?"

"We're Jehovah's Witnesses."

"Interesting. How long have you two been Jehovah's Witnesses? Some of my family are Jehovah's Witnesses."

"Oh our entire lives. You're not a Jehovah's Witness?"

"No," I replied, "I couldn't stand the hypocrisy so I got out."

The subject matter quickly changed and we went our separate ways.

I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. Think she has her head shamefully burried somewhere?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    It would not be the first time I hear of a JW woman seeking attention else where. I use to hear stories from a sister about her own sister in law. Just like is being mentioned in the RC, sometimes sexual repression is released somewhere else. It is unfortunate that sometimes it ends up being in the form of an adult abusing a child.
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    LOL. Show some sympathy for the sister. Imagine how difficult it must be for her being trapped in a JW marriage. Maybe she does these extra-marital flings to maintain her sanity.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Of course both of you are right. And being familiar with the JW doctrines involving sex, Im sure there are more than a few men and women keen on discovering what "worldly" sex is like.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I gotta say, that parting shot was f**king beautiful, given the context.
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. Think she has her head shamefully burried somewhere?

Don't be surprised if she starts showing up again at some point after the initial shock and embarrassment has worn off. She obviously likes to dangle her toes over the edge!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Being female, I would feel more comfortable with a female trainer.

This woman is a liar and quite possibly a fornicator/adulterer. I totally call bull crap on her "Oh I was just trying to make conversation." statement.

SSC you handle it well. And I have to agree with Vidiot... excellent parting comment. You probably won't see her again because I suspect she has now labelled you apostate or DF or something she has to shun.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I think she's too mortified to ever show her face in that gym again.

I kind of feel for her tho. I don't like her at all, but I do know being a witness screws you up. She probably didn't love this guy but married too young to get away from controlling witness parents, and never got to be just herself between those two periods. However you handled this situation perfectly, and I hope she wakes up to her own hypocrisy and that of the religion as a whole.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

I just had a conversation with a friend about this. She mentioned an important point:

Sex may not be the main motivation. In this cult there is something far more important being repressed - their individuality. There are those simply looking for a man to pay attention to them in a way their husbands don't. Two sided conversation with mutual respect, compliments on her intellectualism and an appreciation for how much effort she puts into learning (as much as the husband but she dare not honestly debate him) and looking good. These are efforts that don't often just go unoticed but are even often openly discouraged.

If that was her true motivation I missed a chance to simply make another friend. Perhaps it was a little concieted of me to assume I knew what she was after.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Respectful:

I wonder. I really think she's too embarrassed.

Heaven:

about a female personal trainer. Exactly it's the first time Id ever had a woman specifically ask for a man. Odd. And yes I definitely got the impression she was looking to fool around. Oh and about the apostate/Df'ing - good that will keep her away.

Faye:

yes exactly, I do feel bad for her hence my above posting post- conversation with an ex-Witness friend. If by some chance she does come back and tries to strike up conversation I'll tell her I can't - I go to gym to work and work out not socialize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit