The Elders, part two

by Princess 46 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Princess,

They knew they had screwed up by ignoring us all these years with no phone calls or visits of any kind. I pointed that out right away.

Yeah, maybe you wouldn't have jumped off the deep end, and would still be a 'hovah.

TR

• LB
    LB

Rachel you and Steve are class acts. Nicely handled.

• Princess
    Princess

TR, naw, Steve told them it wouldn't have mattered if they had called. It was just offensive to me.

Merry Christmas to you too Frank and Karen. We are looking forward to seeing you two at Orcas in July.

Thanks Al. Under the circumstances, I just don't feel right about doing the Christmas tree thing today. Sorry to disappoint, just feels wrong.

I just got home from a five mile run. I feel great. Can't wait to spend Christmas Eve with my parents, husband and kids. Then I'm off for a two week vacation in Hawaii.

Life is good.

Rachel

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Your elders seem to have had alot more class than the ones we have known for over 18 yrs. They wanted to hash it out on the phone, no loving face to face final goodbye . WildTurkey and I had decided if they called and asked us anything we would just d/a ourselves. We got caught smoking and turned in my a ministerial servant who was out parting at the same place we go. He even bummed a cig from me. He never told on himself thou. Oh well, know he will get his and I am still waiting to get him for his coward ways.

Our phone call with the elders lasted 3 minutes , not once did they ask us to think about it till morning, it was like after 10:30 at nite when they called, They acted jubuliant over the fact that we basically made it easy. THey also knew that Wild, had doubts and they were terrified to hear them, they were scared to here any apostate stuff. SO afraid they couldnt even try to listen to save our souls....haha.

But I am sure you will agree with me, it was closure. I am glad it ended on a good note and calm emotions for ya'll.

• Mary
    Mary

They said what someone decides to do personally is their decision. If an individual makes a decision not to associate with another individual it is their personal business. They can't answer for the individuals.

Oh really? Well now isn't THAT an interesting statement to make. So if someone from the Hall now decides that they'll still talk to you and/or associate with you, then the elders will just chalk that up to someone else's "personal business"? Not bloody likely. What a bunch of hypocrites..........you handled yourself very well and very classy.......I would be the total opposite if they tried this bullshit on me.

Oh well, enjoy your holiday in Hawaii!!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Princess:

I am glad that your visit went well I wish ours a few years ago had at least been done like that instead of a threat at our doorstep.<sigh>Best of luck to you

<of the hmmmm wandering if the cannnnnn get in trouble for eggnog latte class>

• JeffT
    JeffT

Rachel, if you have a "coming out" party let me know. Maybe we'll be able to get there this time. How sad that these people let themselves be cut off from perfectly good friendships over a religious association. We could tell everybody we know we've decided to go to a different church and it wouldn't make a bit of difference in our friendships.

It sounds like you may have given them something to consider about what Christian love should look like.

• Princess
    Princess

Jeff, we'd love to meet you. We plan to have a df-ing party on January 11. It's a Saturday. We'll make a big pot of spaghetti and all are welcome.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Edited to add that officially it's a disassociation but since it was their decision to do it and not ours, it's just a matter of semantics!

Edited by - Princess on 22 December 2002 19:12:31

• JH
    JH

Does DF mean Disfellowshipped or does it mean Defragmented? It should mean defragmented, because your life will all fall back in place now.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Princess:

I am so glad that everything went well for you and your husband. It just made me sad to read of the last hugs between your husband and these elder "friends." Just a sad situation all around. And, all courtesy of an evil and corrupt publishing company who doesn't give a sh*t about its followers.

DF'd --- declared free!

Merry Christmasto you and your family,

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit