What was Your Fave Cartoon as a Kid?

by Pleasuredome 28 Replies latest social entertainment

• Nickey
    Nickey

The CARE BEARS!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

does anyone remember The Mysterious Cities of Gold?

Collague of characters, vehicles and places of MCoG

• JeffT
    JeffT

Like Neonmadman, I'm going to date myself, but when I was a kid there was a show called "Ruff and Ready" that watched religiously. Superman was also high on my list, but my absolute favorite was the "The Three Stooges." Not a cartoon, but I thought those guys were hysterical.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I loved Felix the cat..my all time favorite.

Leslie

• wednesday
    wednesday

i always read Archie and Veronica. . On tv, i guess it was the flintstones or the jetsons.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

One of my favorite shows were......

Shazam

Show Information
    First AiredSeptember 1974
    Last AiredMay 1976
    Running Time30 min
    CountryUnited States
    NetworkCBS
    Show Stars
    Jackson Bostwick - Captain Marvel (Season 1)
    John Davey - Captain Marvel (Season 2-3)
    Michael Gray - Billy Batson
    Les Tremayne - Mentor

land of the lost dot com

(I hated the new LotL show in the 90s, it stank! The old one was better.)

Space 1999

Not exactly a morning show, it but it aired on Saturday afternoon and I looked forward to it every week.

Show Information
    First AiredOctober 1975
    Last AiredMay 1978
    Running Time60 min
    CountryUnited Kingdom
    NetworkITV1
    Show Stars
    Barbara Bain - Dr. Helena Russell
    Martin Landau - Commander John Koenig
    Barry Morse - Prof. Victor Bergman (Season 1)
    Catherine Schell - Maya (Season 2)

• Vee
    Vee

Without hesitation ASTROBOY ASTROBOY cause he's "stronger than all the rest..."!! I used to get teary in the opening scene where he would save those funny looking twiddlebug things from up on the powerlines, and when Astro found out that he was Atlas's brother, oh my god!!!...was a very strange lil kid! I happened to watch an episode at my bro inlawaws place a couple of years ago for a touch of nostalgia, but as is always the case with childhood memories they're best left where they are. Unfortunately us adults don't have the same sense of adventure and imagination that we once did, then there's also the outdated technology factor...

There was also this cartoon series that ran for a couple of years called something like the golden eagle, was set in the inca times and I was mesmorised by it.

Wizard of Oz wasn't bad, and never ending story even though it wasn't exactly a cartoon.

Second fav though would be inspector gadget...and all those short little cartoons inbetween that filled in between shows like Danger Mouse, Super Ted, Roger Ramjet.

Is a damn shame they don't play more of the "mouldy old" WB cartoons, but I guess they just wouldn't get the respect and the appreciation they deserve...that's all folks!!

V**

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here are my favorites when I was younger:

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends

Spider-Man (1960's, 1980's and 1990's versions)

All the Marvel and DC Cartoons.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The Tick!

And, of course, I always did like the Looney Tunes and some of the Disney Cartoons.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 23 December 2002 7:38:36

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

My favorites were: Road Runner, Snagglepuss, Deputy Dog, Bugs Bunny, Mighty Mouse, Fog Horn Leg Horn and the little cicken Hawk, Porky Pig, Top Cat, Yogi Bear, Flintstones, The Jetson's, Daffy Duck. I know there are more, I just can't remember....oh I remember some more...Clutch Cargo and his Dog Paddlefoot, Davey and Goliath, Crash Clyde Cup, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Sylvester and Tweety.

I could never get used to the change over to High Tech cartoons with space invaders and monsters...LOL...I like the old, side splitting, LYAO cartoons!

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit