This is unRAEL

by donkey 29 Replies latest jw friends

• back2dafront
    back2dafront
    Yes we can be sure that he hasn't, other than the angels that is. Sure, it's obvious that the universe is simply too vast for God not to have that in mind, but he had to START populating the planets somewhere ....... didn't he? Why is it so difficult for you to see that the earth was the starting point? Why do you insist that God has ALREADY populated other parts of the universe? The Bible itself disproves such a theory.

WHAT? And what profound proof is there that the earth was the first life created in the whole universe?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

front2daback,

what profound proof is there that the earth was the first life created in the whole universe?

Like I've already said: "The Bible itself disproves such a theory" (that God has ALREADY populated other parts of the universe).

But, before you can appreciate what the Bible has to say on the subject you must first learn to have reverence for the Bible ... and you have yet to get to that "square" (meaning square # 1). So, you wouldn't understand it or appreciate it if I went to the trouble to explain it to you. Yes, the first thing in order for YOU, is to ponder the many reasons there are for accepting the Bible as having been inspired of God. Unless you can graduate from that elementary level, you won't benefit from someone confronting you with more difficult matters.

Edited by - Yadirf on 22 December 2002 15:42:32

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Yadirf

If you read "The Extraterrestrials took me to their planet" youll discover that Claude is nothing more than a randy little man obsessed with sex. Many of the messages or new "commands" pertain to the necessity to attain sex gratification thru whatever meand necessary.Sex orgies.Multiple partners. Homosexuality. Marriage is discouraged.

With regards to the interest in cloning, based on what ive read, the real objective appears to be to keep resurrecting Claude (Rael) so that he will never taste death.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Ahhhh you guys have me spooked all that talk about extraterrestrials......here is a ghost thriller for your entertainment.

This is pretty spooky...

Apparently the owners of this house had been seeing images and hearing
    voices for quite a while. They did some research and found that a lady once
    lived in the house who lost her husband during the civil war. Legend says
    that she used to sit at the table and look across the fields in anticipation
    of her loved one returning home. He never came. So, they say she still
    waits. They caught this photo of what they claim to be her.

This one was wild and a little spooky once you find the ghost in the
    picture. It took me a few seconds to find it, but when you do, it just
    stands out. Like one of those optical illusions. It may take you up to a
    minute after the page loads to find it. Just keep looking.

To save you some time, concentrate around the table. Best not to focus too
    much on one spot. Look around the table and toward the window.

Click on the link below for the picture.

For an added touch turn up the volume, it's faint, but the low murmur you
    hear was what got the photographer's attention first.

http://home.attbi.com/~n9ivo/whatswrong.swf

Bwhahaaaaaaaaaaa!

Katie (running for cover)
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

Bikerchic,

I done seen him! I done seen him! Casper is alive.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Dirfya,

We could go back and forth on this one for hours - the credibility of the Bible is highly debatable. Islam say the Koran is inspired as well, and to prove it they show how the frequency of the name Allah is used througout the book in mathematical, complicated ways that only God could ever think of. So what makes the Bible God's inspired word and not the Koran, eh?

Of the "Seeing is Believing" Class.

:-P

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

With the education of the human race, it becomes harder to accept that someone or something is of divine origin. Yet if I wrote something now and said it was the word of God, people would make fun of it and discredit it on all points. Then a thousand years from now, someone might find it and suddenly it will mean something to them and those people will see it as holy writings. Basically, had Paul, Moses, Matthew or Peter wrote their books today. They would have been discredited on all fronts. Because they wrote them thousands of years ago, and generation after generation accepted them as inspired. We as a culture now accept that, as well. Such is the example of all holy books, not just the bible, of our time.

• neyank
    neyank

Yadirf says:

"Why is it so difficult for you to see that the earth was the starting point"

I don't believe I said the earth was or was not the starting point.

And I also did not say that God definately created life elsewhere too.

What I said is can we really be sure that God didn't create life elsewhere.

As far as you saying the Bible says that life is only on earth, forget it.

There is nowhere in the scriptures where you'll find God ONLY created life on earth.

I believe there is a scripture that says the earth was given to men.
    But I can't recolect where exactly that one is.

So if the earth was given to men, how do you see that as saying there is no life anywhere else?

Here's an interesting site.

Bibleufo.com

It brings out diferent scriptures in the Bible that seem to be talking about alien beings that they refer to as Gods.
    Beings coming down from the heavens, ect.....

At one time I would have said that a person had to be nuts to believe in aliens or ufos.
    But as we as humans venture further into space, how can we be so sure of the answers we have?

A couple of scriptures got me thinking about this subject.
    Genesis 6:1-4
    Speaks of the sons of God coming down to earth having sexual relations with women.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but angels are spirit beings with no flesh and blood.
    How could a spirit being turn itself into a physical creature that found human women to be atractive and then have relations with them?

Could that scripture be talking about something else?

There are other scriptures that speak of objects in the sky.

The star that the 3 wise men followed to the where Jesus was born.
    Could it have been a star?
    Could it have been a comet?
    Could it have been a ufo?

What about the scripture that speaks of Abraham (I think) wrestling with an angel.
    Angels have no flesh and blood.
    What was he really wrestling?

I'm not saing there's anything more to the scripures than what they say.
    But think about the outlook men and women would have had in that day and time.

If they saw a ufo, what would they have thought?
    If they saw beings that were diferent in apearance to humans, what would they have thought?

I think there may be more to the story than what we think.

But then again,maybe not.

neyank

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

There was a movie in the 80's called "the God's must be crazy." In which a African tribe finds a Pepsi bottle that is dropped from a plane. Instantly they see it as a gift from the Gods and worship and use it. Soon though they start harming each other with it, and they decide that it is not a gift they really want and they decided to return it to the Gods in a quest to the end of the earth.

I bring this movie up, as it shows a example of modern technology, as it would be viewed by a primitive human. What we call planes, might be chariots to them. What we call lasers, would be bolts of divine lightening. The list could go on and on. As a matter of consideration, this subject was even covered in a Star Trek episode once. Where a space ship crashed on a planet, and on board was a book on Chicago gangster. Because the people who had it, were advanced compared to them, they worshiped all of the book as if it was a message from God and worthy of worship.

Basically, we can not underestimate how a primitive human would have seen and described a UFO or advanced technology and wonder what that interpretation could have lead to in the religion department of culture. It is not something to say, "this is how it happened." Rather it is just a "what if?"

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Neyank, very good points - very well stated. I agree with your outlook 100%.

There are so many different things that could or could not be, could have happened or possibly didn't...there are millions of righteous-hearted people in the world who want the answers, the truth. And there are thousands of different avenues one can take to get that truth. I think a truly loving God would take into consideration the fact that our history is murky, and that due to thousands of different speculations, research articles, religions, etc. it is very difficult for a human to come to a firm conclusion of what is truth and factual. That's why what's important to me is one's heart condition, not what religion they belong to, which Bible they read or whether or not they believe in God. We can speculate for hours on end, but the only way we'll ever know how life got here and whether or not there is a God or aliens is when the time comes when He or they make it known. If one has a good heart and makes an effort to seek out the truth, I can't imagine what God could want more from anyone. I guess time will tell...

I wonder why the belief in the supernatural, gods, etc. was evidently really strong thousands of years ago, and now the average person thinks it's all fictitious. Wonder what happened through the years.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit