Who believes in Ghosts?

by El Kabong 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Sherri
    Sherri

I never really believed in ghosts/demons/anything until last year when my son saw something. Though I was in the room with him, I didn't see it, but he was only three years old and it was more than obvious that he saw a something/person whom he later identified in a photograph. See this thread if you're interested in the whole story: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=16495&site=3

I have no explanation and, really, no explanation could be definitive in my opinion. I mean, who really knows?

The trouble with this kind of thing is that it is so anecdotal in nature. I don't think any research has ever been useful in an empirical sense to prove existence of things other-worldly. This makes it easy to be skeptical. However, just a straw poll of various friends and relations indicates that other forces (magnetic, demonic, spiritual or otherwise) are in existence. If not, there are an awful lot of folks experiencing similar delusions. Maybe it's a genetic defect....

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Robdar,

Take your photo and invert the colors. Something really cool kind of appears, that was not seen in the normal color version. The spot all appear above each grave, in exact spacing. The mist hovers in a large face like shape. Check it out, I have done research on this this type of photography phenomenon and this technique works a lot.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Whyhideit:

Thank you for the suggestion. I will do what you suggested, if I can figure out how to do it. LOL I've been wanting to know what in the world it was that I photographed.

I'll get back to you on it. Thank you.

Robyn

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    Take your photo and invert the colors

whyhideit:

I don't mean to sound dumb, but when you talk about inverting the colors, are you talking about making a negative image. I don't have photoshop (Robdar, do you?) but I have something like it (which was much LESS expensive ).

Robdar, that pic on the website is WAY COOL. You got a beautiful shot of the orbs and mist. Thanks for sharing it. I too am curious as to what whyhideit was referring to.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm not sure either way. On the one hand, as JWs we were taught that when you die, that's it until the resurrection and yes, there are scriptures to support this.

On the other hand, there are many scriptures in the bible that seem to indicate that something DOES go on after this life:

Eccl 12:7: .....the spirit itself returns to the true God who gave it.

When Rachel was giving birth to Benjamin, it says: "and as her soul was going out....."

Then, as has already been mentioned, the conversation with Saul, the Witch of Endor and Samuel says alot.

In the New Testament, there are many suggestions that something happens after death. The illustration of the Rich Man and Lazarus, Jesus telling his disciples that He is "going to prepare a place for [them], so that where [I] am, you also will be."

One of the disciples says in one verse that he would rather be "absent in the body" but "present with the Lord"; then one of them has an out-of-body experience when they were "caught away to the third heaven". I Corinthians chapter 15 talks extensively about the resurrection of the dead and states specifically "what you sow is not made alive unless first it dies (vs 36). Verse 44 says: It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one."

Revelation talks about John seeing "the dead, standing before the throne".......this list goes on and on.

However, I also believe the bible when it says that we should not try to "commute with the dead." (Leviticus).

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

EL and Robdar

I just used Paintbrush and it worked.

• Mac
    Mac

Personal experience leads me to believe that there is something beyond this plane..............not ready to define it yet.

mac, of the always amazed by what he doesn't know class!

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

I ain't fraid of no stinkin ghosts ... buuhhhhhaaaaawwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaa

Actually I did remember waking up in the middle of the night once, IT was PITCH BLACK see and as I walked passed this mirror I got the fright of my life cos I saw this HUGE green thing floating around in front of me..I ran around scared but no matter where i went it was still in front of me....Then I realised I still had the green flurescent condom on....heheheheh

Edited by - elderrepents on 22 December 2002 22:38:31

Edited by - elderrepents on 22 December 2002 22:49:46

• rem
    rem

Notice how most of these spirit photos are taken from digital cameras. Digital cameras are notorious for creating artifacts. Because of the longer exposure time in low light, these artifacts are more pronounced and frequent in pictures taken in the dark or in lower light settings. There are a host of different types of digital camera artifacts. These are not spirits. Ask your local camera expert/photographer at a camera store.

And no, I don't believe in ghosts, though I used to when I was a little kid.

rem

• Robdar
    Robdar

Whyhideit,

I did the negative of the picture. It was cool but I didn't see anything that appeared to be some sort of face. I did see the orbs though and other headstones that were not available in the original pic. Thanks for the suggestion.

REM,

Many cameras seem to pick up that sort of thing. And there are explanations like old film (not a problem with a digicamera) or a hole in the camera for light to leak through (not a problem for my new camera).

I have been ghost bustin a couple of times now. I usually don't get anything like orbs or mist. The photo I posted is the exception.

Thanks for posting the site. I am going to read it. If I can find a scientific explanation, so much the better. If not, it doesn't bother me. I like a good mystery.

Elderrepents,

The "Ghost Busters" theme was cute for a minute or two. How do I turn this thing off? It's driving me bonkers! LOL

El Kabong,

Thank you. I am glad that you like the picture.

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 23 December 2002 2:34:16

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit