Are there too many EX-JW Born agains?

by sleepy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Hi LittleToe,

I am still re-searching alot. Re-searching can bring discouragment if you find something that you believed with all your heart is so.......and it isn't so. I am not 100% convinced of my feelings about the Bible,,,,,but I see little hope of it ever being true to me again. It will take some real good proof.

You have a nice approach to things and I admire that.

BTW....You have been rated the sex puppet of this forum......how can I argue with you?LOL

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    You have been rated the sex puppet of this forum...

I have? Musta missed that thread.
    I'm not quite sure what to do with that - Are you saying that I have somebody's hand up my ass???

(I never touched her, Harold, honestly!)

• rem
    rem

I think the expression "throwing the baby out with the bath water" gets overused. In my experience it is an inaccurate platitude thrown about by people who have no idea of what many, if not most, atheists have gone through.

I, for one, did not just throw out all of my beliefs and try and pick up the pieces starting from scratch. My current beliefs came from a slow, painstaking process of research. It was more like taking an eye dropper and examining the bath tub drop by drop. Slowly the water level of the bathtub would fall. Finally after agonizing over eye drop after eye drop, I found that the bathtub was now empty. Guess what? There never was a baby in there in the first place.

rem, who stole this analogy from COMF (I think)

• crownboy
    crownboy

Ditto to what rem said in his first and second post.

BTW, rem, I recall Mommie Dark using that analogy.

see:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=19666&site=3

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

littletoe

i wouldnt have called anyone at that meeting a fundie. i believe that some of those who insisted on telling me that i didnt have christ because i didnt believe the way they believe, were just jehovah's witnesses with another 'name on the door'....different doctrine, same mind set.

i dont have a problem with people becoming born-again, what i have a problem with is those same people insisting that other people should believe the way they believe otherwise they are not right, or dont have christ, etc...

its this 'everything is black and white, and we're right' attitude that i really dont like. in general, its the same with all other denominations and religions.....they are all the same, no difference.

i would like to meet a christian one day who would call me a brother because i accept Jesus to be the Son of God and that God raised him from the dead....that would really be nice.

nobody has 100% truth of the bible. i feel that its beter that people are judged (if they will be) by their own interpretational mistakes rather than someone elses.

all the best LT!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hello Pleasuredome my Christian Brother,

It is very nice to meet you!

You have just met a Christian who will call you a Brother because you believe Jesus is the Son of God and God raised Him from the dead!

I assume you also believe that Jesus sacrificed His Life for our sins?

From my studies in the Bible, here is a list of the Basic Beliefs of Christians:

1: Belief in The Father and Belief that Jesus is the Christ, Messiah, The Son of God, and Lord.

2: Belief that Jesus came to Earth in the Flesh, Died for our Sins, was Raised up by God for our justification, and Ascended to Heaven and all Power and Authority was given to Him.

3: No amount of "good works" can save you -- only Jesus Christ can save you by His Grace through Faith in Him.

Merry Christmas my Christian Brother Pleasuredome!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

lovely basic christanity that i whole heartedly believe brother undisfellowshiped!

"we need to sanctify the Christ as Lord in our hearts" 1 Peter 3:15 NWT

oh if only JWs would quote that from their own bible as i just did!

• jgnat
    jgnat

sleepy, I do hope you don't mean that "born agains" are vermin that should be restricted, like rabbits in Austraila. From what I can see, the WTS does a real number on people, and it takes a long time for these people to be restored. What gives me great joy is to see xJW's come in to their own each in their own way. Each xJW's individuality and uniqueness is to be treasured. For that reason, I would not judge those who reject faith of any kind or chose to pursue thier own faith outside organized religion. The WTS poisoned that well for them, so to speak. Some come out of the society with their faith in God intact. I wouldn't criticize them for that either, if I were you.

Pleasuredome, my brother, I love what you said,

i dont have a problem with people becoming born-again, what i have a problem with is those same people insisting that other people should believe the way they believe otherwise they are not right, or dont have christ, etc...

There are narrow minded jerks everywhere. Such people are not restricted to the WTS, or to the "Born Agains". Be careful with the labels.

Edited by - jgnat on 24 December 2002 21:8:12

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thanks for your kind words Pleasuredome!

I also forgot to mention the basic Commandments for Christians:

1: Love God the Father and Jesus our Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind.

2: Love your neighbor as yourself and treat others as you want to be treated.

3: Love your enemies.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

PD:
    Yo, bro

Rem:
    Maybe you needed to look in another bath? (Ps.40:8)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit