Prophecy in Daniel: A last Fierce-looking King

by Kosonen 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    ....eschatology...easier to nail custard to a wall than make sense of prophecy...always open to interpretation....'apocalyptic composition'...excellent phrase!..
  • Kosonen
    Kosonen

I think this is also about what this same king will do. (There is even more in the Bible about this king.)

Daniel 11:36-39 The king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt himself and magnify himself above every god; and against the God of gods he will speak astonishing things. And he will prove successful until the denunciation comes to a finish; because what is determined must take place. He will show no regard for the God of his fathers; nor will he show regard for the desire of women or for any other god, but he will magnify himself over everyone. But insteadhe will give glory to the god of fortresses; to a god that his fathers did not know he will give glory by means of gold and silver and precious stones and desirable things. He will act effectively against the most fortified strongholds, along with a foreign god. He will give great glory to those who give him recognition, and he will make them rule among many; and the ground he will apportion out for a price.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Now go do your moon homework!

doh!! I forgot mrs viviane, and then my dog ate it... and other similar excuses

yes Donald Trump is one arrogant bastard, entertaining, but arrogant. Not only is he not a king as Viv pointed out, also I am pretty sure he is not the only person in a powerful leadership role that could be called such (arrogant).

now lets talk about the moon!

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    To me this prophecy like the others is akin to someone on peyote or acid. Do you understand this is open to anyone's interpretation? Prophecies are like opinions, they may vary but in the end everyone thinks their's is qualified.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

The problem with Donald Trump fulfilling that prophesy is that he doesn't understand ambiguous things...he also doesn't understand obvious things.

A problem with trying to interpret bible prophesy is that no matter the era, whoever is living during that time really REALLY wants the prophesy to apply to their own time. Because they're that important and God has chosen them and their time. Russell did backflips to try to fit it in to his own time, he used inaccurate history plus the steps inside the Great Pyramid. Fred found his own formula to fit his own time (absurd counting of millennia since creation of Adam). Harold Camping found his own, using the measurements of the Ark.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Isn't there some strange creature in revelation that eats up a bunch of other strange creatures?

I think that's prefiguring Chris Christie.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Or maybe I made that up. It looks like John does eat a tiny scroll or two.

That would never hold Christie.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Isn't there some strange creature in revelation that eats up a bunch of other strange creatures?
    I think that's prefiguring Chris Christie.

lol!

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Prophecy is fulfilling. Donald Trump became president! And he is displaying the caracteristics written in the prophecies in Daniel. He is also the horn that has eyes and a mouth and speaks arrogantly. Soon he will start to persecute the holy ones as it is written in the prophecy and stop the daily sacrifice. In other words the Watchtower activity.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hey Kosonen are you nuts ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit