GEOFFREY JACKSON THE PERSONABLE FACE OF JW.ORG...BUT IT AIN'T OVER YET BUDDY

by steve2 49 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    If the Royal Commision's recommendations to government result in all religious organisations in Australia having to follow mandatory reporting of every incidence of child abuse they become aware of it could be very interesting. Will Australia have a separate elders manual and branch manual? How will this affect how the GB instruct the rest of the congregations internationally?
  • barry
    barry

There will be no excuses after the royal commission and every church and institution will have to follow best practice. The royal commission personal probed extensively to see if there was a desire for the WT to make changes .

Ultimately there will be no excuses because the WT will have to comply or go out of business so I because the penalties will be just too great.

There ail be different rules in Australia different to the rest of the world to enforce best practice

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Of course there will be legal and financial penalties for religions and other organisations that refuse to follow mandatory reporting in Australia. This may take years to come to light and be prosecuted so I think it will be a case of the long game here. The arrogance of the Borg and their belief that God's law is above all man made laws may be their undoing yet.
  • barry
    barry
    His Worship Mcclellan at the royal commission told one of the WT lawyers in no uncertain terms best practice had to take place and it had to be in WT literature within 1 year
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    interesting I missed that Barry, so that will be a year after the RC closes at the end of 2017.
  • barry
    barry

Xanthippe, According to His worship McCellan the WT had to make changes 1 year from now. The WT lawyer complained somewhat but McCellan reiterated he would see him in about 1 year.

A Royal Commission has more power than a normal court or Judge that why the government has to be very specific and detail the RC powers

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    A year from now? Interesting, I must have a look at that vid.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    There will be no need for seperate flock books or any updates at all. Current policy is to call the branch when child abuse is reported. The respective branchs will simply advise the ausies that reporting is manditory (if or when it is made so). Thats it.
  • barry
    barry
    Dear Xanthippe, I am wrong McClennan said within two and a half years
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Dear Xanthippe, I am wrong McClennan said within two and a half years

Yes that's how I remembered it, thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit