New Religion or Fix it

by JH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Scully you have it right!

Katie<<I'll go back when pigs fly!

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

It does not seem possible to make one religion that will please everyone. To think that is possible, is to ignore histories evolution of religion. If you have ever played a guitar and placed two side by side, then you know that when you strike a cord, if it is in the same tune as another on the other guitar. That cord will vibrate, as well. To me that is what religion is like, in that not all thoughts inspire thoughts in us. So as a life search, we have three choices in our search for religion. One, stays in the one we were raised it, with no questions asked. Two, find a religion that means something to us. Three, have nothing to do with religion and move onto other things. Basically, adjusting the Jehovah's Witnesses to our taste, just means we would have to take it out of tune to someone else's life and they would then be where we are today, asking the same questions. Besides, if a religion claiming divine enlightenment is so wrong, could we ever put our trust in them in the future if they claimed to be corrected? I don't think I could.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit