New Religion or Fix it

by JH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Do you figure that the Watchtower only needs a bit of fine tuning, small minor ajustments, or do you believe that they are completely off the track as far as biblical knowledge is concerned? I ask this question since many don't seem to find any other religion to replace this one. So maybe this religion only needs fine tuning, or many small minor ajustments that would solve most of their problems.

Edited by - JH on 21 December 2002 14:22:13

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think that most people leaving the witnesses are disgusted with the idea of religion, and that is why they don't find another church. For those seeking more knowledge and faith in God, I think many have found that in other churches, or have come to understand that a personal relationship with God works best for them.

As far as the WTS, I think they are way off on bible teaching. Their whole belief system is based on paradise on earth with only witnesses surviving. Nowhere does the bible teach that man will live on earth forever, and certainly the bible does not say that the WTS is the one true religion. It goes as far to say to look for the fruits of what a religion does, and you will know if it is right or wrong.

So, when the WTS is off on the big teachings, I find it hard to believe much of anything they teach, unless the bible clearly states something that all can understand. For an example, I think they have the flood in Noah's time pretty wired down.

• Scully
    Scully

There was a story on the news last week about an old man who lived in a house by himself. Someone thought it would be kind to give him a pair of guinea pigs to keep him company. What they didn't know was that the pair were male and female. By the time the neighbours complained about the horrible smell (they actually thought the man had died) it was discovered that the guinea pigs had multiplied to the point where there were 440 of them sharing the house with the old man. Despite the fact that there was really nothing structurally wrong with the house, the stench had gotten so deeply into the walls and floors that there was nothing that could be done except to tear it down and completely demolish it.

Now, maybe the WTS is like that too. It appears to be based on the Bible. It appears to have its foundations in Christianity and love. Yet it's infested with people who are anything but loving, anything but Christian. In fact, it's gotten so bad, that some people cannot tolerate staying there. Others don't seem to notice the "smell", but maybe that's because they are the ones making it smell bad. There are so many of those kinds of people, that it's impossible to weed them out anymore.

It's time to burn down the house and get rid of the guinea pigs.

Love, Scully

• Francois
    Francois

Scully is right. There comes a time beyond which rehabilitation is no longer an option. Additionally, the problem with the WTBTS is not one just of the "teachings" and the "theology" of that organization or of the tone and method of enforcement of their very odd religious ideas. There is the larger problem of the fact that religions (cults) of this type make their appeal to individuals who themselves are personality-deficient and/or psychologically challenged in some significant manner.

I'm with Scully - throw it out, throw it all out: the bathwater, the baby, the basin, the entire filthy thing.

• Gig
    Gig

Fine tuning by imperative means one is already tuned to some extent. The WT teachings and control are no tune at all. True Christians are in tune with Jesus, and the Father does the fine tuning as we put our faith in Him to do so. The WT has so many errant teachings based on scriptures out of context that the whole picture is entirely out of focus. Then there is the obvious lack of emphasis on true love and the power of grace. The Holy Spirit, our comfortor and counselor is ignored for the greatest...Jah himself. Worse yet, to JW's the WT GB is Jah for all practical purposes.

Nope, false teaching and false prophecy equals false religion and God will execute His judgement as He sees fit. In the meantime I'll continue to serve and honor Him as best I know how...including loving JW's enough to plant and water as opportunity affords.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: New Religion or Fix it

My grandad said something that aptly answers your question:

"You can't shine shit."

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie

I'm going to save that one, Farkel.

Blondie

• onacruse
    onacruse
    I ask this question since many don't seem to find any other religion to replace this one.

Who says we have to?

LOL @ Farkel

Craig

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

JH,

Do you figure that the Watchtower only needs a bit of fine tuning, small minor ajustments, or do you believe that they are completely off the track as far as biblical knowledge is concerned? I

I believe the Watchtower needs a major overhaul. As for their biblical knowledge I believe they have some things right and others very wrong.

IW

• Carmel
    Carmel

Check the box for a new religion!

caveman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit