Aussie JW Paedophille......FRONT PAGE NEWS!!!

by TheApostleAK 15 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Sorry for this being a month late...

If any Aussies want to see the original of this article go to your State Library and they will have it there (nods head to Prisca).

Only this sort of story would make front-page news in boring little old Adelaide (nods head, raises eyebrows to Uncle Bruce).

TIP: When reading this article read between the lines...

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------

Newspaper: The Advertiser (Adelaide, South Australia)
    Date: Tuesday, November 19th 2002
    Notes: Picture with caption: "TOGETHER: Natasha Gault - her wedding dress hangs in the background - and Michael Tran at home yesterday with dog Chino"

FAIRYTALE ENDING FOR LOVERS WHO WANT TO BE A FAMILY

By Court Reporter Simonne Reid

Young lovers Natasha Gault and Michael Tran have defied the odds in order to raise a family and spend the rest of their lives together.

Mr Tran, 19, a Jehovah's Witness, was excommunicated by the church when he confessed his love for Ms Gault, 17, who is not part of the congregation.

Then Ms Gault became pregnant - despite being told in February that she could never have children.

The religious couple desperately wanted to marry and not have their child out of wedlock.

Their wish was finally granted on Friday when Magistrate Joseph Baldino, in the Elizabeth Magistrates Court, granted Ms Gault permission to marry.

It was the fourth time she had taken her plea to the courts since learning she was pregnant three months ago.

However, she was refused three times for not having sufficient evidence of Mr Tran's Jehovah's Witness connection, as well as a psychologist's report.

Continued Page 6

FAIRYTALE END TO LOVE AFFAIR

From Page 1

By Law, partners must be at least 18 before they can marry unless permission is granted by a court, even if they have parental or guardian permission.

Speaking from their rented Salisbury home yesterday, Mr Tran said he was "over the moon" and was looking forward to being welcomed back to the congregation.

He said the Christian sect had told him it would accept the couple after marriage.

As part of his reprimand, Mr Tran was prohibited from speaking to other Jehovah's Witnesses - including family members.

"Marriage is a stepping stone to getting back on track," he said

The young couple are nervous and excited about having a child and plan to take parenting lessons.

"I lacked a father-figure when I was younger so it's going to be a bit difficult," Mr Tran said.

"But I looked after my brother and sister when we were growing up so I feel that I'm ready for it."

Ms Gault met her husband-to-be at a Jehovah's Witness function which she attended with some of her family in February.

She said she fell in love with Mr Tran because he was unlike anyone she had met before.

"When I met Michael he wanted to know everything about me and he didn't pretend to be interested, he really listened," she said.

"He really caught my eye."

Ms Gault, who is three months' pregnant, turns 18 in April and the baby is due on May 17.

"We wanted to get married now so I wouldn't be showing as much...I think we going to have a nice garden ceremony in December," she said

Ms Gault's mother, Tania Hall, said that at first she had reservations about her daughter marrying but now she welcomed their decision.

"At first I thought they were too young." she said.

"She's lucky to even have a child so it's a blessing as far as I'm concerned."

Ms Gault was rushed to hospital in February last year, when her uterus haemorrhaged. She was told she could not conceive.

She proudly showed off her wedding dress yesterday - an off-white corset with silver beading and a full skirt - but conceded she might have trouble squeezing into it.

"I will definitely need to have it taken out...I have never been this big before," she said.

The couple plans to buy a house at Mile End in time for the arrival of the baby, who will be named Chloe Louisa or Jordan Michael - After Mr Tran's favourite basketballer Michael Jordan.

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't the Children Of God cult call this 'flirty fishing'???

Do you reckon I should get the court transcripts???

The Apostle AK

• Prisca
    Prisca

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the age of sexual consent is 16 here in Australia. The guy's not a paedophile.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

I know that Prisca!!!.......I just put that on the subject line cos that what i've heard several "worldly" people say about him.

P.S. This story is causing a stink among JW's over here.

AK

• Prisca
    Prisca

"Worldly" people are calling him a paedophile??? You guys in South Aus are more backward than we thought

I hope the young couple are able to deal with the publicity and the usual stresses of married life.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

A 17 year old soon to be 18 year old impregnated by a 19 year old can hardly constitute paedophilia even by so called "worldly standards"

What bugs me more, if having to get married at 19 and 18 is not bad enough is that this girl is going to be introduced to The Borg, scrutinesed, and mistrusted, at least until she proves herself, and ofcourse gets baptised. She will probably get all the blame for leading this poor innocent brother Tran astray.

Now if he didn't give a s@%& about being re-instated, they probably would stand a better chance....I give this marriage 2 maybe 3 years at best.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Marriage is a stepping stone to getting back on track," he said

Tut tut, dont give yourself away. If the Reinstatement committee think he did it to get re instated they may take a dim view.Lets hope they really do make a worthwhile attempt at a married life.

This story would never hit the press headlines in Britain.

• FrankyFourVests
    FrankyFourVests

This is ridiculous. A 19 year old pedophile taking advantage of an innocent 17 year old. Where will the madness stop!!!!!

*looking out for pedophile 27 year old women.*

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I must echo Prisca's comment here:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the age of sexual consent is 16 here in Australia. The guy's not a paedophile.
    It seems deception is not the sole preserve of the Watch Tower Society for t he title of this thread is very deceptive, if not slanderous. I can't see what it achieves .
  • unclebruce
    unclebruce

you're a funny fella AK,

This may be the latest Adelaide jw gossip but 16 year olds often get married in Mark Twains 'city of churches' .. especially in the Elizabeth KH. So you thought you'd use the word pedophile for dramatic effect eh? repent sinner!

So who disfellowshipped Tran? Keith Kreiger? AlanJ? The Knight bros? common we want names damn it! lol

unc who married an 18 year old "wall flower" from Elizabeth :)

prisca "you guys in South Aus are more backward than we thought "

hey watch it CONVICT!

blues bro "This story would never hit the press headlines in Britain."

but in Adelaide they're "more British than the British" (and it's such a boring place at the farthest flung corner of the empire .. it's the kinda place, if you don't like watching cricket you're stuffed

hey (((ozzie))) i know i'm off like a dead rat but you and mrs m.ozzie have a very merry christmas ya long suffering sucatash

Edited by - unclebruce on 21 December 2002 8:36:27

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

That's not paedophilia, and it's not front page news, except maybe in a local paper. Two horny teenagers, one gets pregnant, BFD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit