What would life be like if the WTBS never existed

by Iwasyoungonce 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Voyager
    Voyager

If the Watchtower had never been, then my brother would still be alive. I miss many that were close, who have perished, because of the influence of the org. My brother was a regular pioneer for several years, and had only a few months before he went to bethel. While working at the most popular mens clothing store in Melbourne Fla, the congregation overseer came into the mens store and accused him of being gay, just because he shared rent with another fella, who was a cook.

This event took place right in front of some of the most influential people in town, and my brother lost it right then and there. He walked out of the store, and we didnt see him again for about 4 years. Finally when he did return to Melbourne, some of the witnesses found out about it, and everybody wanted to be his savior. They harrassed him so much, that he moved to Georgia, but due to his lungs not being used to such cold weather, he died of lung failure. The org has done me no favors.

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

I will to be a atheis and have a own life. I will disconnect to the catholic church that I have no interest for the religion.

• rebel
    rebel

In a way, I am grateful to have been contacted by JWs. I never read the Bible before I started studying with them. I don't know that I would have ever bothered reading it if it wasn't for the fact that you are told to read it every day. I am glad I found out that they are not God's true organisation. I have many close friends who are JWs and it is sad that they are still being worn down by the daily grind of trying to meet the JW requirements. I am slowly trying to break away, but it isn't easy - I have many family members in the organisation. Many of their teachings are correct - it's just sad that, where they are wrong, they don't admit it and just expect you to swallow everything. I think I am a stronger person for having been in the organisation and now, making a stand and finally breaking free, even though I know it will be really horrible when they finally boot me out for good - it will hurt my family a lot and I have to prepare myself for that.

xxR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit