Do not blame the workers in the field

by whyhideit 20 Replies latest jw friends

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

I don't believe one needs to know the complete "big picture" to know that things are not right. These men are spiritually lazy and cowards if they refuse to be honest and seek answers and solutions to the problems that people in their care are facing.

Yeah they may be men in a factory that don't know they are building a nuclear bomb but if they put 2 and 2 together they should be able to know that they aren't just making stuffed toys for little kids.

One factor that can not be ignored, in Jehovah's Witness leadership, has got to be pride and power. In that the elders and Circuit Overseers have worked hard to get to their prominent positions in the organization. In doing so, many enjoy the stature that such a position gives them in the Witness community. All the praise, and extra attention feeds the ego and the desire to want more and more. When a minority see these problems, in part, it could be possible that they are willing to overlook out of faith or they overlook out of pride. Either way, I agree that some should know what is happening and see the wrong. I just feel that some enjoy their higher up positions of authority to much to desire any real change, and figure as long as they have what they want and need, why rock the boat and chance losing it. To do so, would be a honorable thing. I think that is why I thought a lot of Raymond Franz. He was on the top of the world, in a Witness-setting, yet he gave it all up and wrote a book to reveal it to the world and lost all the power and privelege he once enjoyed. Like his book said, it was a "Crisis of Conscience." Perhaps this crisis has not hit some of the elders and Circuit Overseers yet. Although, we must note, that some have left for this reason.

I do feel though, that despite what a few elders might know. The general population of publishers, elders, and Circuit Overseers know very little. It could be selective memory, dumb luck, or just pure chance, but they just might not hear about any of the true truths that are available out there to them. Not to underestimate the power of fear and brainwashing, as well.

Edited by - whyhideit on 21 December 2002 13:28:29

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit