I wish Geoffrey Jackson wasn't being questioned at all vs a video link...

by thedepressedsoul 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I wonder if his holiness watchtower pope wacko jacko will have a discrete earpiece where he can get prompst from the WBT$ lawyers...er....holy spirit?
  • Splash
    Splash

All I'm hoping for are some answers to the questions Angus puts to him.

I'm hoping that GJ will finally realise what damage is being done and how poor and harmful the WT procedures are. If he can admit to that like the other elders and the expert witness did, that will be enough, a huge achievement in fact.

I don't expect anything significant to come of the questioning, certainly not any bombshells or revelations.

For me it will be of more consequence once the RC has made it's rulings, then to see if the WT tries to get out of implementing them.
    Their tactic will be to agree to doing everything recommended, but then doing few or none of them in actuality.
    They will rely on their crafty wording to play a game, as they always do.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Splash - "I'm hoping that GJ will finally realise what damage is being done and how poor and harmful the WT procedures are."

I'm sure the GB already do. I'm even sure some of them wish it weren't so.

From their perspective, however, the WTS (as they know it) wouldn't survive the reforms needed to truly fix the problem.

Splash - "If he can admit to that like the other elders and the expert witness did, that will be enough, a huge achievement in fact."

Admitting it - even in a widely viewed public forum - might not count if he doesn't actually mean it.

In addition, the rest of the GB could "encourage" him to retire from the GB immediately following the RC, and then feel under no obligation to implement any reforms that he pledges, after all.

In fact, I half expect that scenario.

Personally, I'd rather he politely defy any criticisms and recommendations as a loyalist himself, for the world to see; it would be far more honest on his part, and revealing to the world at large.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I reckon Mr. Jackson will try and take the sting out of the whip by conceding to Mr. Stewart that "the Org now recognises that aspects of its procedures need to be reviewed and changed - because "the scene of this world is changing." (1 Cor. 7:31)

He and his cronies realise that they are now in the firing line, and will want to appear "proactive" by telling the A.R.C. what they plan to implement - before the Commission orders them to do anything.

Then the sheep will bleat wonderful praises about their G.B.'s positive actions - something the Catholic church hasn't done yet.

• kairos
    kairos

If they are forced or agree to make any changes from this ARC, they have admitted that it took Satan's system to provide Nu-Lite to get Jah's chariot back on course.

If they "no-show", well then they are saying, "we prefer to remain off course".

No win. Check mate/stale mate.

Then the r&f will find out all of the details and see the vids/transcripts over time and revolt/mass awakening.

It's history repeating itself.

Who still wants to publicly self identify with the Nazi Party?
    It'll be, who wants to publicly appear a JW?

Show's over...

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I don't know what to think about this link up. I'm just going to sit back and watch. The one thing that keeps me ever hopeful is that this Royal Commission is going to continue on for over two years. This means going to every single person who is willing to give testimony before commissioners. So, don't worry that this is a one or two week wonder. It's not. I promise you this with complete knowledge.

No doubt it will die down as a public "expose", but that's normal.............until they unearth increasing numbers of abused, shunned, disfellowshipped (for disagreeing) and any other damage that is done by this collective papacy.

Then the s99t will hit the fan. Australia once banned this religion in the forties.

I think that was just a particular thing with the then prime minister Menzies....who's to say it couldn't ever happen again...........Better still, they may lose tax exempt status due to lack of charitable actions in the broader community. Just speculation ............

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

umbertoecho - "...Better still, they may lose tax exempt status due to lack of charitable actions in the broader community. Just speculation."

Just speculation, sure... but as hard to imagine as that possibility is for some...

...I'd argue that we are a little closer to that now than we were, say, a year ago.

x

IMO, rescinding their tax-free status would be the perfect warning shot across the S.S. Watchtower's bow. It hits 'em financially without crippling them, but lets them know in no uncertain terms that they are not f**king around.

The best part?

It would take a truly special kind of moron to suggest that having to "pay back Caesar's things to Caesar" was in any way "persecution".

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

My fear was correct. The video link put the ball in his court and took most of the pressure off. If he was forced to be there in person I doubt he'd be as cocky.

Not to mention, I'd love to see what was on the other side of his camera.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    thedepressedsoul: The video link put the ball in his court and took most of the pressure off. If he was forced to be there in person I doubt he'd be as cocky.

You wanted to see him grovel on the floor like the other Wt goons, didn't you? Lol! He did, he lost his composure in several places. It was quite the comedy show, if you like dark humor.

Actually, I think his performance was perfect. Jackson made a utter fool out of himself. He sat up there and proudly stated that he had left school at 15 to go into missionary work. And then proceeded to act like the arrogant idiot that he truly is.

He is one of those people that drive me crazy: "He is so stupid he doesn't even know he is stupid."

Jackson believed he could hide but all he did was reveal himself. He offered up tons of material that can be utilized for public exposure when doing activist work - his tirade on women deserves to be cut and some major awareness done with it. Maybe somebody has already done that - I have to look around.

I, for one, am quite pleased that Jackson acted so smooth and polished - perfect arrogance with no substance. A pope saying stupid things. Hurtful, hateful, ignorant, stupid things.

Pope Jackson's "gawdly" attitude did not go by unnoticed by the Commission. Wazzat they say? "Pride goeth before a fall?"

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Also, I loved and hated his thoughts about how a mother could plant ideas in a child's mind about sexual abuse...Hence the need for elders to be extra cautious.....

The man couldn't have said a worse thing in public...It was so revealing in many ways of how " Out of the mouths of babes" was nothing to him, to them......

Do you think that was missed?. It wasn't, it was a classic slip up showing the inner workings of his mind.....That statement is there for all time.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit