tears of sorrow, tears of joy

by Mommie Dark 19 Replies latest jw friends

• riz
    riz

md,

i think you are awesome. i'd hug you if i could.

riz

• LDH
    LDH

Blood is thicker than Watchtower.

Let's hope this lesson isn't lost on everyone else who is going through similar situations.

Thanks for sharing.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

You know how I feel about you, MD. You know how I admire your gift for words, aspiring to be a
    writer of your calibre will keep me occupied the rest of my days. Even then I may not get there.
    Still, something to strive for.

I'm glad that your 'shell' wouldn't give up. I'm glad that you're still here. If you'd fallen prey
    to the ravages of the events that befell you, I wouldn't have had the pleasure, and privilege of
    getting to know you. I wouldn't even have the hope that I do that you may consider me a friend.

I'm so sorry about your sister. I can't imagine the grief. Not only of the illness, but of the
    emotional illness of the shunning that has gone in your family for so long. Those of us who
    also live in that netherworld of being considered living dead know how that feels. I ache with you.

I hope for healing for your heart, that while you may bear scars that you will somehow, learn
    to feel things besides pain and sorrow. That joy will creep back in, like ground coming back to
    life after being scorched.

I hope that each of us here can plant little seeds there, in that land that may still lie fallow.

We want to love you. I'm so glad that you've given us the chance to try :)

*huge hugs* and you know I love ya, girl...

Essie

p.s. hope this makes sense, I'm so fried today.

The Four Agreements:
    Be Impeccable With Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Wonderfull post MotherDark,

I laughed my way through the first half (brilliant choice of words for a hillbilly-girl and was made melancholy by the second. Sending good vibes your way.

Love and greetings, unclebruce - basking in the autumn sunshine after the big storm..

PS: Esmerelda (you pretty babe lol) - that end thing about "not taking it personally" - what? - even if Farkelmeister calls me a mormon?

• waiting
    waiting

hey md,

I haven't had the pleasure of knowing you well like the h20 people - but your post made me sit back and read quietly.

Thank you.

still crazy after all that Prozac...

Ain't that the truth. After all the therapy and Prozac, we still have ourselves, we just don't know what to do with ourselves. A little branching out slowly but surely - especially on a fine spring morning.

Cancer runs in my family also. I'm sorry for the troubles within your family - seems to catch us all sooner or later.

Enjoy the spring day.

waiting

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    PS: Esmerelda- that end thing about "not taking it personally" - what? - even if
    Farkelmeister calls me a mormon?

Ah yes...even in the face of such talk we must turn the other cheek, UB...realize
    that the hurler of such insults is only speaking from his own wounded soul...
    Mormon eh? Gee. That's almost as bad as calling someone a Jehovah's Witness... *lol*
    ;)]

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Mommy Dark,
    IMO, this was an astounding post. Your writing skills are a marvel. I truly love it and was touched in a place that I can't even begin to put in words.
    Have you thought about writing professionally? Or maybe you already do.
    My love and thoughts are coming your way. And I always have extra hugs to hand out.
    TW

• COMF
    COMF

My goodness aren't you waxing eloquent today!

Recently I find myself filled with a deep love for all you other people: the survivors, the strong ones, the hurt ones, the confused, even the stubbornly blind ones.

Sounds like love of self, Mommy. I've asserted for several years now (ever since I realized it) that you can't unconditionally love and accept anyone else until you love and accept yourself. Those who make it to the top of that mountain survey the land with clear sight.

Love,
    COMF

• mommy
    mommy

Mommie Dark,
    I want to thank you for the way you express your thoughts. You give us a piece of you, that is also so close to our hearts. In Jw land, we were all taught so many things. Things we can take with us and things we should leave there. I feel "real" love is not found in the org. It appears you have found this as well. For so long they told us who we could love and what qualities make someone worthy of love. Now we can see and decide for ourselves.
    There is a certain peace that comes, when we start to accept others,(even the stubbornly blind ones)
    wendy

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Momsy D,

From "Too many Tears" to "ALL Good today!"

w-O-w

Sounds like you were losing too much water yesterday,
    and everyone felt you needed some serious Hydration...
    so they sent you A Vibal Wave!

Looks like you're 'riding the crest', today.

What can I say?

On your situation as described yesterday...
    Been There! Doing That!
    Just ain't bed-ridden at the moment.

On the specialness of today...
    Cheers!
    I'm going to go pour myself a big glass of cold water
    right now and toast you and Pa D.
    (that and 'cause I've been doubling my daily hydration
    and am feeling benefits for it. yeah. read it in a book.
    recently. improved health through drinking mo water.
    believe it's working. some.)
    Anyway,

"Here's looking at you, Kid"

T

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit