Do you still expect to live eternally?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• MsJam
    MsJam

You know when I first left the org. I thought if I was going to die...then I'll live life to the fullist.Every weekend was full of parties...drinking...smoking...whatever else came my way. But even that wasn't fullfilling after awhile.

Then I decided that if this wasn't what an ex-JW was supposed to do...then I would try the other way. The dreaded apostacy. And you know the joy that I have found the sense of purpose...far surpasses the psudo-joy I had as a JW.

So yes I believe that there is an eternity. And maybe we dont' have the answers.But I know that God does and he will make it far better than I can imagine. I prefer to just live my life and leave the rest up to Him. He always has my best interest at heart anyway...

JAM

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

It's foolish to believe that anything from this present system will survive the next world. Planes, trains and automobiles will hopefully be gone in the next world. I'd like to think we'll all be given a fresh start without mental illness and every other type of human imperfection. All previous man-made self serving religious dogma will be thrown out and replaced with something purer and more refined. This is where I want to be.

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

It is not so important to me to debate on whether I live forever on earth, heaven or in a form that exist beyond this life. What is important to me, is that I actually live my life now and do not spend my time in a mood of frustration and confusion that takes away the value that really is our short life to LIVE!

• joelbear
    joelbear

Individual humans as a mixture of genes and memes are unimportant in themselves.

It is the replicators that have eternal life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit