Do you still expect to live eternally?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• donkey
    donkey
    Sure, living forever beats dying, but under what conditions?

Where can I buy some of these drugs?

The delusional thinking continues and it seems people figue out reality or they will end up like this:

Edited by - donkey on 20 December 2002 9:41:2

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

In a word? NO! I figure in 70 years, I'll just be so much more worm shit. I just hope that I can make a difference for the ones that I love. I'm not egotistical enough to expand this to leaving a mark on the world, because...like most, I'm just a regular working guy.

And, believe it or not....I'm Okay with this.

Coon

• freedom96
    freedom96

I was reading Scully's comments, and they made sense. Really, the paradise the WTS teaches, sounds quite boring. There are so many things that most witnesses do, such as movies for one example, and flying for another, that are ok for everyone to do now, but in "the new system" they would become obsolete.

In answer to the question, I read the bible, particularly the chapters from Matthew on. When you think about it, it makes much more sense that they are talking about heaven, not a paradise on earth. I believe when I die, I will go to heaven. I think what happens there is pure speculation, but I must have the confindence that God knows what is best for us, and ultimately what makes us happy.

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Pass on your DNA to another human and hope that they do the same.

Create a masterpiece in a creative field and have it cherished until the end of time.

A flower grows from a seed, buds and becomes full bloom. It also whithers and dies and goes back to the earth that sustained it's existence. Thus is the fate of all men - so sayeth the Dizzycat

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

It sucks when you realize that you may one day not exist - ever again. Of course, some small JW-part of me always holds to a certain hope that, maybe, just maybe there is something more out there... I guess I'll just have to see it to believe it. But based on what I know so far (no person in recorded history or that I know of has ever successfully "lived forever") I have to say that one day, I will no longer exist. Makes you see life a whole lot differently.

• Skeptically Yours
    Skeptically Yours

JH,

If in the end the Jehovah's Witnesses are right, then for keeping up this double life/balancing act going, I'm sure I will not be participating. As a consolation to me, if they're right, I'll just be asleep in death and God knows I do love to sleep a whole lot!

If they're wrong, then it'll be most exciting to see what high powers have in store for mankind.

I live life for its possibilities now, because the future is very uncertain.

Take care!

• JT
    JT
    just imagine that paradise run by the WTS society and elders as chieftans. wow!.... what a prospect to look forward to!

just think--- all the loving elders and kind bros and sisters are here, that leaves - gossipping friends and whip carrying elders are left to run things in PARADISE

• TR
    TR
    Do you still expect to live eternally?

Well, no, I guess. At least in the context of WT teachings. As far as going to heaven, ie, "christendoms" teachings, I really don't expect that either.

I am at the point where I really don't believe that the bible is an authentic source of "God's" thoughts. To me, the bible has proved to be a re-telling of far more ancient stories. Maybe there is a "God", and he'll do whatever he wants, and it might have nothing to do with any writings we earthlings have.

TR

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    (Which still begs the question: If Jehovah has the power to destroy everything, does he not also have the power or ability to clean up after himself?? Or is he like some two year old who has a temper tantrum that needs a mommy to pick up after him??)

LOL, Scully! Your mind never ceases to amaze me. I wish I had your smarts and your wit.

Richard, who admires people who are more intelligent than he is

• riz
    riz

no. i'll be pushing up daisies and i'm fine with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit