Home Schooling

by hippikon 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

I know I'm reviving a long-lost one here, but I had to add...

Joanna, agree completely...I grew up in a cong that was the exact same way. I felt some peer pressure, but thank God my parents kept me in school. I was only two of 9 kids near my age who got out with an HS diploma. How's that for irony: going to school to AVOID peer pressure.

Thing is, none of the students were getting into tough spots at school. They said they wanted to pioneer, but few did. Besides, I saw quitting school as counterproductive to being a effective witness. How can you expect to tackle an effective arguement that requires both research and debating skills when you haven't even attempted ninth grade english?

In my present congregation, college is allowed by parents, if not actively pushed. Homeschooling can be very effective, mostly because of the one-on-one time it allows. Of course, if you tell a public ed critic that the smallest class size possible has results, they'll reply that you don't need more teachers.

Now I'm a teacher, and I let it be known that if any parents in the hall keep their kids out of my class, I take it as a personal affront.

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

Let's not forget, most home schooled children are not JWs. Jws, unfortunately, have their own agenda w/ home schooling. Others have a variety of reasons; most of which, I dare say, revolve around their love for their children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit