A Physicist's view of the WT future

by jst2laws 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Smiles

I forgot to answer your question:

I hope things are better for you now. Are they?

OH YES! They are better. We all stayed home tonight instead of going to the meeting.

Actually we are totally shunned, since we went public on the child molestation issue. In the eyes of my old friends I have gone from being seen before thousands giving district convention talks to being invisible when seen in the grocery store yesterday.

But having survived and emerged from the inevitable depression of seeing your life long belief system collapse from lack of foundation, WE ARE BETTER NOW. Hope you are as well.

Jst2laws

• Smiles
    Smiles

jst2laws,

Thank you jst2laws. It is good to hear that things are better for you and your family.

I will look for your posts in the forum.

Estee_TX, onacruse/Craig,

I really appreciate your posts. You seem to always have something good to contribute. Keep them coming.

• Gopher
    Gopher

This quote from paragraph 14 of the article struck me:

Jehovah wants us to exercise discernment.

So the writer was able to read Jehovah's mind on this matter? LOL. I guess if The Organization = Jehovah, then I guess they have a point.

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

jst2lws,

I noticed in paragraph 13 it talks about websites that are disguised as JW sites, but are really lurking apostates. I dont surf the net alot, but i've never seen a website listed as an official JW site, only to be an ex-JW site. Did miss something here? Or is it just typical WT propaganda?

• Gopher
    Gopher

They are fearmongering, as usual. That's their M.O., to instill fear.

In this case they want to keep the Internet an "unknown" amongst their rank-and-file, so as to promote fear of the "unknown". Their follower's lack of education/information feeds their fears. That's just how the WTS likes it. (Even if they have to s---t----r----e----t---c---h the truth to create fear, they will stoop that low.)

Edited by - Gopher on 20 December 2002 9:23:17

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

A good mind is a terrible thing to waste.

When allowed to think freely, and make personal choices, the average JW will feel extreme guilt.

Humans were created with such inquisitiveness about the world and everything in and around it, and the ability to seek answers to questions, and to reason and ponder, explore and theorize. Why would the WTBTS try to remove that most natural part of it's followers?

They do it to control the mind. This gives them power for their own purposes.

Because each JW freely allows this to occur, I doubt anything will happen to the WTBTS, unless more and more individuals wake up and leave. Religous organizations are seldom monitored by governments. If the day came that this was changed, there would be no large, controlling, dominating religous groups at all. Would mankind really be lost if this were to occur? I doubt it. We'd be awakened to a new spirituallity, and we would be free.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Actually what the physicist said about the `Net dooming high-control groups is interesting for speculating--what would happen if...?

Word is bound to spread about the scandals. I have a feeling more and more JW's will privately tell each other about sites like this, Freeminds, Silentlambs (is it Lambsroar now?) and others. (BTW, someone floated an idea about putting websites like this, freeminds, Silentlambs and others on every piece of mail you send out. Anyone else still doing this?) Like Karen says, that natural curiosity and search for freedom can't be stifled indefinitely. The Communists thought they could and failed, even with the power of the State behind them.

So the word gets out, more and more people question, some get the boot...maybe suddenly they wake up to the idea that a simple question got their salvation cancelled and how logical is that? Who can tell in each individual's mind what the final straw will be? A thread on here some time back asked the same question and got a variety of answers.

Now, their control's threatened or challenged, and money's drying up. Projects'll have to be put off and face-saving reasons given. New rants about the `Net, the Last Days are here because more and more are falling away independently deciding things and becoming worldly being df'ed and Satan's making an all-out effort to destroy Jah's organization (but if he can, isn't he more powerful than God? And won't God save His organization like He did the Israelites in the wilderness???).

Between pickets and bad press from the outside and massive defections from within, the WBTS is caught in a pincers-style movement further decimating the ranks. The more militant and hard-core remain faithful, convinced if they endure a little while longer it'll all be like the GB said in Revelation.

But what if the attack on B the G never happens? Christendom continues on its merry way? No, it's not a failed prophecy...it's new light! Just bear with us. J'll save you!

I doubt we'll see another Heaven's Gate-style mass suicide, but...the more the scales fall from the eyes, the more differences between what was expected and what's happening...the more irrational they will act.

Where might it end?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit