onacruse

Mom's are just great.

Dad's aren't chopped liver, but...

Mom's are just great.

(((Scoot)))

Craig

• JeffT
    JeffT

About ten years ago, I was at the airport putting my son on a plane because the high school band was going from Seatlle to California for a concert. As he left me I held out my hand to shake his good bye (after all I didn't want to embarass him) and the little bugger reached over and hugged me. I still had tears in my eyes after the 45 min. drive home.

If I can ever get her on line, my wife will have a hundred better stories.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

My son is leaving in June to join the Marine's (see thread about the military) so I am having countless flashbacks of him when he was a little fart. My daughter is now a Mom and just turned 20 and I can't believe how wonderful it is to see her with her daughter, we ALWAYS butted heads she was way too bright I always joked that if I had it to do over I would pray not for my kids to be healthy and intelligent but healthy and kinda dumb!(this is just a joke) She didn't hardly speak to me for two years because I was the MOM but once she became pregnant I was omnipotent,omnicient and all that!!!She calls me all the time (she lives 2 miles away) and puts baby Makayla on the phone to "talk" to me. Mak is now 6 months I am SOOOOO damn happy that baby won't be subjected to the crap my daughter was. The endless service and meeting and assemblies!!! So to all that don't have kids, they ARE THE BEST THING IN LIFE (well next to sex) <JUSSSSSSSST Jokin> and for those that have little one's enjoy EVERY moment they grow up too DAMN fast

<of the where did all the time go class>

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

OH Boy!!! I've been sitting here for quite in tears! There are so many shared, joyful memories of all of our wonderous children, grandchildren and, nieces & nephews. Their lives and potential have no bounderies without the repressive chains of the JWs.

Our youngest daughter, 16, told me Mon. of her "latest" college degree plan. Her "latest?". She must be on #10! "lol!" I'm still amazed that that she is thinking about all of this because, well, it's still a little strange to hear anyone in my family having college plans. She was born in '86; it was still a couple years before it was "acceptable in JWland" to attend a 2 or 4ry college. She has never been told that going to college was a sin, or at best inappropriate, unlike her older sisters & brother. I'm very proud and so very happy she has these goals!
    Our oldest daughter will deliver her daughter any day now. I remember when I brought J** home 24 yrs ago in a long little white dress with tiny pink rosebuds on it a little bonnet to match. She had her 1st baby pictures taken in it. She was beautiful & still is. Later, she had a little doll with a body that matched that dress print. Her 2 little sisters wore the same dress, they are beauties too! I still love that dress (where is it?) Well, to make a short story longer, I had to go the mall tonight, as I was trying to get out of the department store to go back into the mall, I had to pass the baby dept. And Yes! Of course, I stopped! haha. I looked at all the newborn Christmas outfits wondered if I should buy one; would she be here before Wed? hehehe! But as I was about to go on my way, I saw it them. Soft, cotton, white outfits with tiny little pink flowers on them. Almost identical to the dress print 24 yrs ago. The store had all the baby clothing variations in that print, even a bib & bath towel. After 10 mins. of trying to choose, Grandmom bought the long little dress with tiny flowers on it & the little bonnet to match. May the spoiling begin! hahahahah

Babies, Children, Kids! Gotta luv 'em! Merry Christmas and HAPPY New Year to everyone! Go hug a kid!
    <P> ;</P>

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

You know what was so amazing as I read all these posts is the love that us parents/grandparents have for our children. I think going thru what we had to go thru made each and everyone of us appreciate family all the moreso. I know for me, my children are my life. NOTHING will ever come between me and them. There would be no choice to make.......my children are everything.

LDH wrote:

And just think, Scooter.

NEVER will we have to tell our children that we would chose a religion over them!!!!

Yes, I know well what you mean. Yes, we can stop the cycle!!

I couldn't agree more! How nice to know that we are no longer under the thumb of the WBTS and would have to chose between our faith and our children.

BTW, here is my little guy, Nathan and me yesterday. I actually caught him long enough for a picture with his mommy......

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Awww (((Scooter))) what a sweet post and a wonderful pic...your son is such a cutie pie! And so are you

I also still have days when my kids will say or do something that makes me totally melt. My son is 11 and lately we have really been butting heads, which is NO fun. But...BUT...at night, he still wants me to come into his room and sit on his bed...he wants the lights off and some quiet time to talk to me. He still hugs me and tells me he loves me, although he doesn't want to do that anymore in front of his friends. A few weeks ago, after a particularly stressful day between us, he let me snuggle close to him...and *gasp* (he'd die if he knew I was sharing this LOL) he let me sing the old lullabies that I sang to him when he was a baby!! I couldn't believe it! I stroked his hair the way I used to, smoothed his cheeks, held him close, smelling his boy smell of shampoo and deodorant instead of his baby smell which now exists only in my memory, and I again felt that overflowing feeling of tenderness for my "baby" who is no longer a baby. It was especially poignant as I'm sure it was the last time I'll get to revisit those songs with him.

Fortunately for this ol' mom, my daughter is only 9 and is a major snuggle bunny still!

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit