overcome by emotion as a parent.......

by scootergirl 25 Replies latest jw friends

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

This afternoon I was sitting in my kitchen watching my three year old son playing. He was humming to himself while playing w/trucks. I watched his little hands as they moved the toys around, I listened to his sweet little voice. Even his little ears and chubby cheeks were cute. He looked up at me and said "I love you up to the sky, mommy" and my heart melted.

As I sat there I thought about how blessed I am. To have such a wonderful child and know such a pure love.....so innocent. I thought about my own childhood. Wondering if my mother ever had moments like that. Wonder if on any day did her life stop like mine did today? Did she pick me up, and when she hugged me did she smell my hair? Did she feel like her heart was gonna burst for knowing such joy?

I am not the only parent on this board and I am sure that I am not the only one who has ever had these overwhelming feelings of love for a child. This was not a sad occasion......even when my thoughts turned to my mother. I can change things, I can stop the cycle....my children will never know conditional love and abandonment. They will always know that they are special and someday I will tell him the story about the day that my world stopped just long enough for me to bask in the joys of motherhood.

• Lin
    Lin

Great story scootergirl! I'm happy for you! As a mother of six, I've had those moments before as well, but mine are older now, but those memories are wonderful.

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Yeah, I've had moments like that... so sugar-sweet it just hurts. Children are the best, so trusting and so vulnerable. They need our love and protection so much, it feels awesome to see them jusy enjoying their lives in safety.

I have a 6 month old right now and there are just so many moments of pure joy as I look into his laughing eyes... he is just concentrated joy. He is so perfect. He so owns me.

~Witch

• nita6368
    nita6368

I had one of those moments the other day when my 16 year old son said he was writing a poem for his homework and when I asked him what it was about he said "The person whom I admire the most". I said OK. He said I am writing it about you.

Edited because my fingers type faster than my mind spells!

Edited by - nita6368 on 19 December 2002 16:59:53

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

This is so beautiful. Yes, I've known moments like this, when your heart feels like it will burst because you love your children so much.

(((Scooter)))

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good news, Scootergirl. The moments keep coming. My twentysomething daughter does it for me when she casually tells an acquaintance what a good job I did raising her. And I get to see it all again with my granddaughter Naomi.

A tip. I wrote down the adorable sayings my kids said for a couple of years before my kids entered school. They get dug out once in a while, and the three of us sit down and read them and have a chuckle.

• Robdar
    Robdar

((((((Scooter))))),

Thank you for sharing your sweet experience. My son is now a grown man, but my heart and mind are full of similar memories. I miss having a little one around the house. Enjoy your time together. They grow up so fast, so very fast.

Love,

Robyn

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

But robyn they are always your little babies- just bigger brats

• Smiles
    Smiles

Children are a joyful blessing from God.

Now, just imagine how that joyful blessing is shattered and violated when a child is abused by a JW and the abuse is concealed by JW hierarchy...

How the parents must hurt, how the child must hurt.

It is almost like many of the JW hierarchy cannot feel that loving, joyful emotion for children because their heart is so cold.

Protecting the WT reputation is more important to many JW hierarchy, than protecting our children.

May God bless all your families.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

See.....I knew I wasn't the only parent who had this kind of "moment"!

And, Smiles, I agree. But you know what it amazing, when you can take the hurt of the past and turn it into love for a child's future to make sure that they never have to go thru that kind of hurt. Breaking the cycle.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit