Anyone seen this new "Bad Association" video at the Convention yet?

by WingCommander 19 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I read on another thread (on another forum) where someone mentioned a truly guilt-inducing, cringe-worthy, "bad association" video that was played at this summers RC's. Here is how that person described it:

"The video about "bad association" was really weird. Apparently a true a story, it's about a teenage girl who relates how she was friends with some girls at school. One day, they invited her to play basketball with them at the park after school. She went with them, and they all set their backpacks down by the fence while they played. Suddenly, some boys ran up and grabbed the backpacks, attempting to steal them. The girls started trying to fight them off, and then the police came to break up the fight. The narrator was afraid that she would get in trouble, so she ran away. She was very depressed and guilty for a while over her bad association. Just a very odd and pointless video overall. The girl and her friends weren't even involved in any 'wrongdoing'."

Can someone post a youtube link or something to this so we can see the "awkward", guilt-inducing cult-speak for ourselves? I tell you, just when you thought it couldn't get any weirder or lame, you hear something new. What a freakin' cult.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    I think even a brain-dead Witness will spot that this is the lamest of lame stories!
  • Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

What, they couldn't come up with one where everyone piles into a car, and get killed while running from the cops?

Oh, wait, that was done already in "A Bronx Tale".

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Nobody got AIDS, pregnant or became a drug addict?? What is that religion coming to??
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

I have not heard of that one.

I was a born in JW and I have to be honest. Most of the bad association was actually IN the Kingdom Hall. The kids in school acted better than the ones at the Hall. Lot's of double lives.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    How about a vid of the old NY Bethelites that would do the dangerous night watch walking through the dark streets of Brooklyn ? Now that would be cool to see, those poor guys put their lives in their hands back then. I think a couple got mugged in and around town anyhow. Nut house it was, those of you new here do a search on 'new boys' adventures or read Brock Talon's book. Sorry I got a little off track but related to the post in a way.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I think the Watchtower was trying to get the message across that associating with non-Witnesses can be bad luck even if they don't do anything directly to harm you.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

01:35:27

Teens with an Imaginary Friend at 01:35:27

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    OMG......that is sooooooo lame. I'd be embarrassed to be a JW today too, what with all of the overwhelming evidence against them at your fingertips of the internet!
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

This kind of crap is one of the reasons that /r/exjw is teaming with stuck-in teens who are planning their escape! New members are joining in record numbers. I should make a yearbook style report!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit