I'm boiling the oil and digging a moat

by cruzanheart 16 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later. One of the two Witnesses who work at my office called me last night, delicately mentioned that she had "heard" I was celebrating birthdays and Christmas and wanted to know what the hell was going on. Or substance. I told her exactly what was going on and she didn't like it - tried the usual platitudes about imperfect humans and looking at the organization as a whole. I told her that's exactly what I was doing and that Jesus said "by their fruits you will know them," and this was a bunch of rotten fruit. She then asked me what congregation I went to. UH-OH!!!! So I told her. Might as well get it over with. I fully expect to have a phone call or a visit one of these days by a couple of "concerned" elders who want to "help." Maybe I'll put alligators in the moat.

She finished the conversation by saying, "well, you can believe whatever you want, but please don't make trouble for the rest of us" (i.e., her and the other Witness). Which, of course, means don't talk bad about the Witnesses even if it's all true and it's giving me migraines and sending me to a therapist. Oh no, we have to make the poor little Witnesses comfortable in that big bad worldly office. I just told her to tell people that I no longer considered myself one of Jehovah's Witnesses and we ended the conversation.

So today I have a whopper migraine but I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of not seeing me today. I told the Office Manager, who is a personal friend of mine, and two of my bosses about the phone call and they are outraged. I suppose the two JWs will shun me now, but it's not like we were bosom buddies before anyway.

To quote a Monty Python skit: "It's people like [them] wot cause unrest." And: "Come look at the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Nina (of the I-Need-A-Valium Class)

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

But don't boil the alligators in oil...they get really, really mad when you do that! Now, maybe the migranes will lessen. On that subject, I used to have 4 or 5 a month but started taking magnesium daily. Significant reduction and when I do get one I pop an Imatrix - usually gone within 30 minutes. And, after giving more thought to the original subject, do place the 'gators in the oil. If the elders show up they will get what they deserve!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

No, no, no - see, you POUR the boiling oil out of the window (hopefully not on the alligators - that could get expensive). See Defending Your Castle 101. Thanks for the migraine advice. I'll try the magnesium. This morning cyanide was looking good.

Nina

• Farkel
    Farkel

I think what you're doing is a perfectly good waste of those alligator's valuable time!

Farkel

• ugg
    ugg

oh god how awful for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! ((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))

• Shakita
    Shakita

Your co-worker sounds like a real jerk! She didn't even have the nerve to ask you in person, she had to call on the phone!

I am sorry that you have to go through this, but it looks like alot of us here will have the gestapo trying to interrogate us soon.

I like your "rotten fruit" comparison, sounds like she got a little pissed off and is going to "tell" on you.

Forget the alligators, put piranha's in your moat. Not a trace of human flesh will be wasted!

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Mrs. Shakita

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((Nina))))))

You have b@!!$........and good for you! Now that the news is out just know that we are here to support you. I for one will be happy to help pay for more oil for the moat! Keep us informed how things go.

Katie (offering Nina an asprin for her headache)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I guess that we all have to deal with things the way we see best, but i am resolved that when my time inevitably comes, I will treat it as a legal, judicial matter . So therefore say nothing that would be a confession , dont forget that they need two witnesses . say nothing - spin it out waste their time as much as possible , play their own game... have fun!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Well sweetie, hang in there. It's kind of like the bully on the playground challenging and heckling you. Sooner or later you've got to stand up to him and it looks like our time has come. We'll stand together and stand up to the bully. And what's more we'll kick their butt. Oh, there are a couple of rugrats here who have something to say:

Jennie says: Poor Mommy!

And Jackson says: I love you.

• Valis
    Valis

Give em hell cruz...Don't be bullied by them! Its good that your supers know of the situation..nice to ghave to boss in the back pocket if they start in w/the nonsense or make it hard for you...Perhaps you could start your own theocratic war with them eheh...BTW, can you pick me up a six pack on the way home? *LOL* ...

Big Tex, when are we going to meet again and act badly? Maybe Ojedas?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit