JWs just knocked on my door....

by LDH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

OK so I'm on the phone talking to my friend, when I hear a knock so light I wasn't even sure if it was a knock.... (The doorbell, LIGHTED, works just fine).

I open the door. Two attractive young ladies in their early 20s are standing there, don't even make eye contact. One reaches into her bookbag and pulls out the lasts Watchtower and aSNAKE magazines and proceeds to ramble incoherently for the next 30 seconds. After which point she offered them to me.

I looked at them straight in their eyes and said, "Girls, I was raised a JW. Everything you are doing, I have done it ten times over. I regular pioneered for years. I grew up 30 minutes from the original Gilead in Lansing, NY."

(At this point, they are looking excited)

I continued, "I have ZERO respect for the leadership of the Jehovah Witness Church. With the UN scandal, the pedophilia Silent Lambs/Dateline Scandal and their constant changes on doctrine I have become disgusted. They have destroyed otherwise normal healthy relationships within my family and countless others. Their lies have affected people's LIVES. Have either of you girls attended college?"

"No, but..." ( I cut them off)

"When I graduated high school in 1986 and was looking forward to going to college, it was forbidden. I was told that within four years the new system would be here, why pursue a four year degree? Well, Saturday marks my 34th birthday. I'm sure you were fed the same bullshit. I'm telling you now, stop peddling useless magazines that YOU haven't even read, and go to college. EDUCATE yourself about the religion you grew up in. You know where I live."

One of the girls lamely offers, "I'm sorry you feel that way."

I said, "I'm not. Please don't waste your sympathy. I'm much happier without being told every move I can or can't make. Goodbye."

At which point I closed the door, so they could get another eyefull of the HUGE wreath decorating our front door. They had to step over the cords for the Christmas lights, too.

I thought I would be angry, but mostly I just feel sorry for them.

Lisa

• LB
    LB

Lisa I feel sorry for them too. It reminds me of so many young sisters I once knew. They'll be force feeding their own children one day and armagedden will always just be around corner. Sad.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Wow! That was beautiful, Lisa! Good for you!

Nina

• JT
    JT

you are badddd

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wow! That's one of the coolest things I've ever heard said to someone at the door. I'm sure it will make them think.

Oh yeah, you're a hottie for sure.

Wing Commander

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

LOL.

Two Witnesses came to my door yesterday morning. It takes about a year and a half for the territory to be re-assigned to someone outside of Manhattan Beach, because the lazy Witnesses in this town don't want to go door-to-door. Anyway, it was a young black guy and a cute latino girl. Right away the guy opens his Bible and starts preaching. I kept my phone call on hold while I ran over and got the latest copy of the Free Minds Journal, with all the articles on pedophiles, etc., and handed it to them and started talking. They imeediately backed away, and said they don't need any literature (while they had the WT and Awake! in their open hands). I said "Pay attention to the news, therre is a pedophile problem in the Watchtower!"

Hope it sinks in!

All this, in spite of my doorknocker which says,

NO SOLICITORS

religious or otherwise

WE ARE HAPPY JUST THE WAY WE ARE

if that changes we'll call you

:-))

Randy Watters

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

LDH .... RIGHT ON!!

Edited by - rubytuesday on 19 December 2002 13:24:46

• acsot
    acsot

What's that proverb? geez, I'm already forgetting (probably not fast enough). "throw your bread upon the waters", you don't know how or where it may fall and do some good. Those girls will think about it, maybe tell others about the former JW they met and how they tried to "reason" with her, and it'll stay in their minds. And stay there, and then, well, you just never know.

Around 20 years ago James Penton was on a T.V. news program here in Canada. The question alway stuck in my mind: "how could he go back to celebrating holidays and singing "religious" hymns. Well, now I understand.

I sure hope it doesn't take them 20 years. At least you "planted a seed".

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

Lisa, that was really beautiful... I'm printing it out now to study and share with the family so they can respond in such an eye-opening way. I'll probably share it with the neighbors too... can you imagine the confusion in a car group if they all had that same experience in one neighborhood???

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

you go girl!! most witnesses could use a little witness now and then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit