Its really weird

by SpunkedTeen 15 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkedTeen
    SpunkedTeen
    I tried testing my family by mentioning that a member of the GB was summoned to appear in front of the royal commission and i found it really weird how they reacted.They dismissed it saying its just satan attacking the 'Truth' and i could not believe how ignorant they are.They all think that the organization did nothing wrong or even that jw's abuse their children.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Don't hold it against them. They are being controlled and conditioned.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Don't hold it against them. They are being controlled and conditioned.

Furthermore, if you were in a group setting you'll never really know what they think. It's quite conceivable that they could all be doubting the cult, but are just afraid to speak up around other JWs for fear of the consequences. That's the sort of thing that can happen when freedom of speech is abolished, like it has been in the JW community.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    That's not weird at all ,most jws would react the same way very dismissive.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

SpunkedTeen, sounds like you have some very valuable critical thinking skills that your family lack.

Sometimes people want something to be true so badly that they turn a blind eye to facts and evidence. This is called delusion.

If Geoffrey Jackson does appear before the Royal Commission, it will be very interesting to see how that proceeds.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Fairly standard reaction, its just so shocking to see someone so conditioned
  • steve2
    steve2

Are JWs free to openly show interest to you about what you disclose? LIkely spiritual pride and/or concern says No.

Are they free to privately have some less than comforting thoughts? I go with the latter.

• sir82
    sir82

If you just "jump in", their cult-defense mode kicks in and they stop listening.

Better to ease into it. Talk about child abuse in general, religious leaders being held accountable, etc.

Then a day or 2 later, "remember that conversation we had? Look at what I found - a GB member will testify in court about JW child abuse this Friday. Weird, huh?"

• notoneoftheboys
    notoneoftheboys
    I slid it past my wife that a GB member was called to the RA Commission, in Australia she dismissed it told me Anthony Morris 3rd had done a video telling us it was all lies and made up stories. Blamed the media, when I pressed her she told me the elders had warned against apostate tv shows. I wept inwardly to remember that I was once like her but now I am free!!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

yes, it is very sad, but 99% of witnesses are ignorant of these facts, and dismiss them as satanic propaganda.

ostriches with heads in the sand...

kids with fingers in their ears yelling out "lalalalala"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit