IS THIS A HEALING PLACE?

by hamptonite21 15 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

Yeah, buddy, it is.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hampt, sometimes pouring salt into a wound is the best way to kill the infection. Lancing the boil. Cauterizing the incision. Total body herb & enema cleansing. Whatever it takes.

Not long ago I did a post and signed it as "of the in a bit of a mood today" class. Another poster came back and said "Moody my butt. Downright pissy this morning!"

LOL, and I WAS pissy...but it felt good to get it off my chest. And it went away.

Being in this forum has been the most HEALING experience I've ever had.

Craig

• Soledad
    Soledad

absolutely this is a healing place its so comforting, for me personally, to read about all the different experiences of people who have been JWs, and what made them leave. I can relate to so many people here its almost unbelieveable.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

I like the way some look at this place, Seven of nine stated why have some stayed! I like that way of looking at it.

• Focus
    Focus

I agree with ALL the responses you have had so far, hamptonite21 (and just checked the thread to make sure teejay hasn't snuck in just ahead of me!)

You wrote in this thread:

IS THIS A HEALING PLACE?
    Im sure in disgust many have vacated the board. Why is this? I believe in freedom of speech, but [..] I think the attitude of many on the board has changed since I started posting here, At first it was warmer, now its very attacking [..] I introduced a friend to the board, they observed, I thought it might help them to get advice and comfort, since they are trying to do the fade. Their response was, "all they do is argue"

Hampt, the three months in which you have posted have not been that representative. The period has included the very sad RF/SL (+now RevM etc.) multi-stage polydrama, which pretty well covered two months and to which you have made an oblique reference. The matter may well have nearly fully unravelled itself now (I hope). Also, I see from your own words in Asking nicely just doesn't seem to work here!:

I SMELL IGNORANT BIGOT.

you were also ambushed by the ludicrous fiasco which went on for almost the whole of your second month, and you didn't like the look of it. Join the club. Well, the sorry bunch of intellectual-dwarves responsible don't seem to be active here any more (but wait! have a cookie!)

Don't give up on jw.com, not that I think you will. It is a lot better than most.

Check out my post in the Theocatic Pussies Banned Class thread, please. And stay and have fun, learn, share... "give a good witness" to the Lurker Class. Not all XJWs become nutters.

--
    Focus
    (Love, not none of this durn "Agape" and "Philia" Crap! Class)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Hampt, the three months in which you have posted have not been that representative. The period has included the very sad RF/SL (+now RevM etc.) multi-stage polydrama, which pretty well covered two months and to which you have made an oblique reference.

I must agree with Focus on this. It "behooves" us to keep the "big picture", not letting a short period of posting allowing us to become easily deflected.

Like I said before, this place is part of the journey, it's not the destination.

Enjoy the ride!

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 19 December 2002 8:5:0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit