What Double Standards Do JW's Practice?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly1
    nelly1

You read examples in almost every WT publication about how "love" motivates JWs to help, encourage and support one another through various crises. When it happens to you, unless you're a study progressing toward baptism (and therefore a subject of 'love-bombing') or an elder/ pioneer/ ministerial servant/ or one of their family members, you are up Sh!ts Creek without a paddle. As a matter of fact, if something bad happens to you, you are blamed for somehow being at the root of the problem anyway. You get told that the solution to the problem is to go out in service, attend all the meetings and pray more.

Also, the way JWs brag about how they are the MOST honest people on the planet. Yet they espouse the doctrine of Theocratic War Strategy, which allows them to only be truthful with those who "deserve" honesty.

Those are the two biggest examples of hypocrisy, IMO.

ohh boy scully are you ever right!!!!! u hit the nail right on the head mate.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr after i read all that is done to people in their name i want to screaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that poor brother with the cerebral palsy etc bless him, our god will reward him greatly for what happened to him and all others who have suffered i feel sooooo sad and so angry , sheesh hard to have those two emotions at once, lately i feel like i want to slap the elders in my cong and all other pple who do this stuff....... sorry i just get soooooooo mad........

i love u all

nelly

• meadow77
    meadow77

"YOU heard that it was said, You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy. However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

"Apostasy is, in reality, a rebellion against Jehovah. Some apostates profess to know and serve God, but they reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovahs organization and actively try to hinder its work. When they deliberately choose such badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of, their makeup, then a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness. True Christians share Jehovahs feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they feel a loathing toward those who have made themselves Gods enemies," The Watchtower October 1, 1993 p. 19.

"Shortly, the great tribulation will suddenly break out, moving quickly to a climax in "the war of the great day of God the Almighty." (Revelation 16:14, 16) It will reach a crescendo as Jehovah destroys this system of things and the figurative table at which the worlds nations have been feeding. Jehovah will also overthrow the entire invisible organization of Satan the Devil with its hordes of demons. Those who have continued to feed at Satans spiritual table, the table of demons, will be forced to attend a literal meal, no, not as partakers, but as the main courseto their destruction! See Ezekiel 39:4; Revelation 19:17, 18." Watchtower July 1. 1994, page 13.

• JH
    JH

They tell you that you have to be a Witness in order to be saved, but then they never give you the impression that you are 100% sure of being saved.

• minimus
    minimus

In answer to the question about 1 person admitting fornication and the other not, since there are not 2 witnesses to the "sin", there's nothing that they can do. The person that admits it and is deemed to be unrepentant, is screwed!!!

• pharisee
    pharisee

There are many, but one that I could not understand was the WTBS telling us not to go to college or University while they were paying for som JW's to goto a University law school to defend their policies?

Try figure that one out!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

How's this for a double standard?.....I know an elder and wife that own a convenience and liquor store. They sell tobacco and lottery tickets. So that they don't assume any congregational responsibility, they put the business under the father's name. .....wink, wink

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit