To those of us now FREE....

by The Rebel 13 Replies latest jw friends

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

The most important thing I am thankful for, and also a substantial relief for me, is not having to force my kids down one particular very narrow path for their life's journey. Instead, the whole broad horizon is open to them. There are so many types of people, and the kind of person naturally inclined to go the witness way is a very unusual sort of kid, and I don't think one that I even like. My kids can now go their own natural way, and decide what they believe and what they want to do with their time and how they want to make a living and who they will love, and I will always love them and be their mom.

it's freaking huge.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

For me, the best thing about leaving was the freedom from guilt. I always had problems doing what you were supposed to, the boring meetings and field service, so I was always either doing something I hated or not doing it and feeling guilty.

It's so great to live my life on my own terms. I have been lucky ( I can say lucky now!) to be able to marry my soul mate, something I couldn't do as a JW, and follow my passions with my own little antiques business. My free time is my own, I can watch whatever movie I feel like, celebrate the holidays, and sleep in on Saturday. Life is good.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

It's been fun discovering their is so much unconditional love in " the world"

And in " the world" it's nice to be able to question and be answered.

The Rebel

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Rebel - "What has been your best realisation having left the organisation?"

The freedom to use logic, evidence, and reason to arrive at a conclusion - any conclusion - without being hamstrung by ideology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit