You will never grow old

by Elsewhere 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ironically, the only thing that saves the WTS from bleeding to death is the hi-rate of membership turn-over.

People see the BS and leave, but not before they bring in someone else who will replace them.

• Solace
    Solace

Wow..... Scary....

Honestly, I cant say I would even want to live forever on this earth.

• Mac
    Mac

RE: You will never grow old:

A child is forever

It's the shell that wastes away

You fill the world with a dimming light that fades before the day

They say that wisdom comes with age

Yet aging I despise

Fore what's to put that knowledge in when the vessel grows old and dies

"Here today, gone tomorrow......

You've had your years, there are none to borrow"

mac

• onacruse
    onacruse

Been quoted a thousand times before, I know, but what the heck:

Jeremiah 14:14 (NIV) Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds.

May the sands of a thousand storms fill their nostrils.

Craig

• Undecided
    Undecided

I went by a fast food place this morning and there was a car load of JWs getting out of a car and I was responsible for most of them being a JW. They were young when I first knew them and it made me sad to see them still going out in service with those expectations of soon being in a new earth.

Ken P.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

May their hands be infested by the fleas of a thousand camels.

• ring
    ring

Thankyou for posting this Else, i copied it and emailed it to my family.

I had a JW family member say to me the other day that I should think about going to college , I asked them "Where the hell were you when i was 18???"

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I have to reply to this thread since I lived through the 60s and 70's as a school kid.

It was articles like this that stopped my oldest brother going to college and pursuing a career as as a doctor. He graduated from High School in 1970. I was told I'd never leave school in this system. Of my family, I was the only one (of six) to elect to pursue further education after school finished, and I was looked down upon for doing that.

My oldest brother is now 50, he has been quite successful in his working career and is still a JW and an elder. His two sons have grown up and left the JWs. One is currently attending University.

In 1987 I sat at an assembly and heard a lecture on not having children so late in the time of the end. I sat there with my wife (now ex) who was pregnant with our son. My son will be 15 in March next year and is planning his options for college and/or a some time in the US armed services (likely the Navy). So much for the Awake's prophecy in 1969 now that the second generation is graduating from college.

Thirdson

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey Else!

I remember an elder around that time told me I would never even attend high school much less graduate. I wouldn't need to worry about saving money for retirement, eat right or exericse since perfection in a paradise was just around the corner. He was so convinced that 1975 was going to be the end. I wonder whatever happened to him. Maybe he's in a nursing home now.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    I just wonder what the hell current witnesses think when they read crap like this. This has hurt so many people in so many ways thinking that the end was right around the corner. Thank God I didn't wait and starting living my life.

Don't be deluded into thinking that the witnesses see reason. A typical response could include, "they were anxious for the new system to come and many who were alive then are still alive" or, "It is important to keep urgent that armageddon is coming soon so that we do not fall asleep" or, "that was old light then, we have a better understanding now and aren't we grateful to Jehovah for it?" or, "who knows how long Jehovah thinks is a short time or a long time, for us it could be years, but for Jehovah it could be like mere seconds. One thing we know for sure is that we need to wait on Jehovah and Jehovah always rewards those who wait on him"

So no, don't expect any to see the light on this subject unless they actually have "independent thought", something the organization commands its servants to guard against (wonder why). They all have their nice little excuses to fall back on so that they don't have to go and change their whole world view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit