LOVE THIS QUOTE

by Zep 25 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

The thing I always find amazing is that all of the active JW's will knowingly nod their heads and talk about the doctrinal changes in other religions...."ah, yes, just shows how false these religions are....mmmhmmmm...change their doctrines and all". But when similar doctrinal changes are pointed out about the JW's, these same people will chorus, "See, the new light that comes from the GB to enhance these doctrinal issues just shows how right we are". They never seem to notice that the Society is doing, and has been doing the doctrinal switch for years....the same doctrinal switch for which other religions are labelled "false".

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Path - an outstanding post (july 5, 3.52) To my mind the WTBTS indoctrination program is truly diabolic.-SolidSender

• somebody
    somebody

Hi, Path ( and a big HI to all.. :-) )

I enjoyed reading you post. I have some more to say but don't have the time at the moment. Just 2 comments real quick:

:We could well ask “what are they going to do with all those [Witnesses disfellowshipped for following their conscience in matters such as organ transplants when they were forbidden?]” Are they going to apologize for their “over-zealousness” and welcome them back?

Some people are no longer here to even welcome back. I know that for a fact. And that is the sad, sad, sad part. Truly devastaing.

:What Becomes Evident

The inability of the Church to explain its position Scripturally makes evident an important fact: The Catholic Church has not based its teachings upon what God’s Word says. Rather, it has founded many of its beliefs and practices on the unstable traditions of men.

I wonder how the WBTS explains it's postion right now regarding changes they've made. Would they say that they found many of thier beliefs and practices on the unstable condition of men? I wonder if they would word it just like that. Makes thinking people wonder.

Till next time,
    somebody

Ambition is like a frog sitting on a Venus Flytrap. The flytrap can bite and bite, but it won't bother the frog because it only has little tiny plant teeth. But some other stuff could happen and it could be like ambition.

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Someone & Path,
    You need to remember that the average JW ‘s mind, via the WTBTS program of mental isolation & constant repetition, has been so completely indoctrinated that terms such as Jehovah, God, Jesus Christ etc in the bible, are mentally substituted with, or are perceived as being synonymous with the term “The GB”. You don’t question God (The GB)& he doesn’t have to give you any answers or explanations. -SolidSender

• Zep
    Zep

In one fell swoop, a perceived unrepentant JW's has lost family, friends, standing with God, standing in his community, perhaps his employment, security, reputation, value of being - and is looking towards the Second Death at Armageddon.

>>YIKES!!!!...that 'bout says it all eh!.I mean, Whatever happened to the concept of "mercy"!....

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Zep - all things considered maybe that is mercy-SolidSender

• Andyman
    Andyman

Yes I think the society has put down very well when theys said:

<font color=red>*** w89 9/15 23 Be Obedient to Those Taking the Lead ***
    But a spirit of independent thinking does not prevail in God’s organization, and we have sound reasons for confidence in the men taking the lead among us.

*** w83 1/15 22 Exposing the Devil's Subtle Designs ***
    21 How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God’s visible organization.

</font>And of course this sums it all up"

<font color=red>*** w67 6/1 337 Move Ahead with Jehovah's Organization ***
    What, can we say, is the basic principle underlying the movement of Jehovah’s living organization? It can be expressed in one word: OBEDIENCE!

</font>Take care.

Andyman:

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Andy,

On the matter of obedience to the WTBTS, I thought this quote from Alan Feuerbacher was appropriate:....."while the Society makes a show of encouraging people to examine its doctrines in light of the scriptures "to see whether these things are so" (Acts 17:10,11), it does not allow its members to freely act upon the results of that examination if the Society's claims are found wanting. Since the Society will never admit to members that it is wrong right now, it does not truly allow them to examine its doctrines to see "whether these things were so," but in practice requires them to examine the scriptures to confirm that these things are so, and to "readjust" their thinking if they are unable to do that. In other words, no matter what an individual finds, he is obligated to believe whatever the Society teaches at that moment. At least, he is obligated not to publicly or privately disagree with the Society, and so if he really cannot bring himself to accept some doctrine, he must pretend to accept it, and live a lie in order to remain in good standing. Since Psalm 51:6 says of Jehovah, "You have take delight in truthfulness itself in the inward parts," and the Bible says that Jehovah is a God of truth, this attitude would appear inconsistent with his will.

So, even though the Society states it is fallible and is not inspired, no member is allowed to act on this without serious consequences ranging from loss of congregational privileges to disfellowshipping. The Society wants every member to believe, as Covington testified, that any member who acts on the fact that Watchtower Society leaders are not infallible is worthy of death." (Research on the Watchtower, Part 1)

This quote pertains to the Douglas Walsh Trial which testimony, in part, is a new thread posted here under Bible Discussion.

waiting

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Great post waiting. It about sums up the main problems with being a Witness. One simply is not permitted to be loyal to God if he sees a problem with any of the beliefs. (Kind of reminds me of those who burned at the stake for their convictions.)

Path

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

waiting, you have very succinctly summed up the JW experience. Believe what we tell you, or stuff your doubts, put a smile on your face, and pretend you believe it.

In this manner there is unity? It seems that one of the major concerns for the Society is to present the facade of unity to the world so that they can set themselves apart from the religions of Christendom. It's unity under threat of eternal condemnation, however.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit