What are JWs saying about the Royal Commission?

by LexIsFree 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

In my area no one has a clue. I mentioned to some JWs if they had heard what was happening in Australia and went on to elaborate. They told me not to believe anything coming from Australia because it's an undeveloped country like Africa.

What else can I say?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ JohnAquila...

Reminds me of that time a talk show host showed people on the street a world map with a bunch of countries named incorrectly.

Australia was mislabeled "Iran".

Nobody caught it.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

We think JW's are delusional, they are not because they know the answer to every

damn question.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Go to JW-archive, there is quite a few interesting animals there. At least four different threads were started on the matter. Some asking for prayers for the elders in questioning, others pointing out the RC as the start of the attack of Gog of Magog (is anyone surprised?). Some very harsh comments there from JW and non JW alike. As someone said, moderators and other hard line JWs have even made comments like "I am reporting this site as apostate", simply because some brothers dare to publicly admit this is wrong.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I had an interesting discussion with a JW old-timer sister today who is somewhat aware of the RC hearings into Jehovah's Witnesses and child molestation. She was surprised to hear that Geoffrey Jackson will be testifying live today.

Her response to me....."Isn't Geoffrey Jackson the GB member who married a JW sister half his age....and this hearing is all about child molestation problems within our organization....Huh!"

She called me back and wanted to know if i could direct her to the RC website so she could view the proceedings herself....I said ...."gladly"!!

• Vidqun
    Vidqun
    A standard reply I have heard. This from my SiL in Australia, an uber-dub: "These are not real Witnesses. These are bad people that have infiltrated the congregations." A while back my mother quizzed the CO's wife about their involvement in the OSCE: Again the reply: "These are not real Witnesses but people using the good name of Jehovah's Witnesses for their own selfish purposes." Seems to me this reply comes from higher up, to answer queries from studies and interested ones.
  • freddo
    freddo

@Vidqun

Well they don't get much higher up than a branch coordinator, a branch head of legal and the one that testifies tomorrow...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"These are not real Witnesses. These are bad people that have infiltrated the congregations."

To which I would respond with: "How the hell can that many bad people infiltrate 'God's Earthly Organization', and do so much for so long?"

• Brighid
    Brighid

"To which I would respond with: "How the hell can that many bad people infiltrate 'God's Earthly Organization', and do so much for so long?"

Because, silly, they're too busy making sure hormonal teenagers who've been caught being alone together get disfellowshipped to concern themselves with child molesters in their midst. Too busy straining the gnat while gulping down the camel. They are the epitome of blind guides.

• Freesoul
    Freesoul
    I just looked on jw-archive, I couldn't believe the comments, we are "Tame" and very "Civilised" compared to the people who are part of that organisation

I just had to copy part of the comments, I couldn't help my self:

I went door-to-door passing out a special tract that said the end of false religion was near. It specifically called out the Catholics because of the sex abuse within the ranks.
    Lett called accusations that JW's have a problem with this too, "apostate lies". Morriss said the GB was proud of their policies. I welcome the opportunity for Geoffrey Jackson to take the stand before "Ceasar" to set the matter straight.

If there is nothing to hide this should be live broadcast on JW TV for all the organization to see his defense of the truth.
    Rochelle Hurwitz Sevier ·
    If you check out the transcripts from the Royal Commission, you will see that the elders and branch members brought reproach upon Jehovah by committing perjury and appearing as indifferent to the victims of the abuse. On Day 7 Brother O'Brien from the branch is caught lying about Brother Jacksons role in the organization.

OMG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit