Theocratic Ministry School change

by Nosferatu 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I heard recently that the Theocratic Ministry School has been modified. Instead of giving the student's grade from the platform, it will now be done in private. Did they finally realize that telling the student that he's getting a "W" is humiliating him, or is there scriptural reasoning for this change?

• blondie
    blondie

Actually they tried this private counsel in the past. The school overseer had to chase the students all over the KH after the meeting. It started in 1978 and was changed back in 1981.

*** km 5/78 2 Question Box ***

How can the school overseer arrange to give private counsel after the meeting to those who have assignments in the Theocratic School?

Good cooperation of all with the school overseer will often permit his seeing most, if not all, of the four students without undue delay, right after the meeting. (It would not be necessary for the one giving the instruction talk to be present. If something needs to be brought to his attention, the school overseer can see him later.) All should understand that this is part of the instruction of the Theocratic School. We encourage all to seek out the school overseer right after the meeting. This will assist him in being of the greatest help to each one.

Occasionally, the school overseer can give brief reminders from the platform that students should see him after the meeting to pick up their counsel slips and to talk over the points on which they are working. Students who are on the program should arrive well before the meeting begins. It is suggested that rehearsals be completed at another time, before the meeting begins. If all remember to give their counsel slips and assignment slips to the school overseer before the meeting, this will provide opportunity for him to remind each one to see him after the meeting.

*** km 10/80 3 Theocratic School Schedule for 1981 ***

COUNSEL AND REMARKS: After each student talk the school overseer will give specific counsel, following the program of progressive counsel outlined on the Speech Counsel slip.

*** km 11/79 3 Theocratic School Schedule for 1980 ***

COUNSEL: This will always be given privately after the meeting, and should not be neglected.

*** km 11/78 3 Theocratic School Schedule for 1979 ***

COUNSEL: This will always be given privately after the meeting.

*** km 11/77 3 Theocratic School Schedule for 1978 ***

COUNSEL: This will always be given privately after the meeting.

*** km 11/76 3 Theocratic School Schedule for 1977 ***

COUNSEL: Specific counsel on each student talk will be given, following the program of progressive counsel outlined at the bottom of the Speech Counsel slip
  • Jourles
    Jourles

Actually, the way it was explained was that right after the meeting was over, all of the students are to come to the front of the hall and take a seat. The school overseer will then talk with each one for about a minute or so and write in their new KM books their "grade." If you have more than one school, the students from the back school will meet on the other side of the hall in the front. At least this is how it is going to be done in my hall.

There will be no more public grading from the platform after the talk is given.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Regarding ministry school:

I never cared two beans what they said about me! I was just glad my talk was over....

I just wanted to run off that platform. I hated giving talks.

When I was a Banker..they wanted to video our presentations. I froze..brought back soo many memories!

But of course you had to be in ministry school or else you weren't a good witness!...

Snoozy...

I can't believe they don't want to redicule anyone in public..I thought that was their specialty?

• JH
    JH
    There will be no more public grading from the platform after the talk is given

Does this mean that the meetings will finish 3 minutes earlier .

• Mary
    Mary

The elders want to counsel people in private again? Or does this just apply to young children in the Hall that they want to be alone with.............

• hannibal
    hannibal

I was also told there will be no more Intro or conclusion too the #2 talk,

just reading from the bible.I thought that was interesting. Even less thinking required, I

guess.

• JT
    JT
    is there scriptural reasoning for this change?

of course the faithful slave never does anything without a scriptual reason how dare you question the reasoning behind the Slaves' decision THE LIGHT GETS BRIGHTER MY FRIEND

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I was also told there will be no more Intro or conclusion too the #2 talk, just reading from the bible.

That's right. You get up, read the bible passage and get down. That's it. The final week of the school in the month, you will be reading a section of the Watchtower the same way as the bible reading. They are putting more emphasis on the reading this time around. Your reading must be PERFECT.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    I can't believe they don't want to redicule anyone in public..I thought that was their specialty?

Just the ones they don't like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit