What's Right about "Right?"

by Farkel 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Farkel,

My, my, temper, temper. I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just stated.

Define "righteous jealousy" in the Biblical context that love is NOT jealous. Ever. Except it's ok when it is "righteous", it is still "love"? Resolve that conflict.

OK. Semantics and language are imperfect- words define concepts. All attributes can be righteous or unrighteous, for example:

Faith can be righteous or unrighteous, depending on what it's object is. Faith in God = righteous, faith in men = unrighteous.

Love can be righteous or unrighteous, depending on what it's object is. Love of neighbor = righteous, Love of money = unrighteous, etc, etc, etc.

The Bible says: "Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant" - 1 Corinthians 13:4

(Note that it does NOT say "Ever", as you stated).

In context, it is understood that this Scripture is teaching humans about jealousy in our fallen human condition. According to the Bible, it appears that only God, not humans are capable of "righteous jealousy". Although as we know, humans are certainly capable of unrighteous jealousy.

Being made in God's image, we have His attributes, although, in our current fallen state, these attributes fall short of God's attributes.

Since you feel ok railing against your creator, would it be ok with you if your wife constantly slept with other men while denying you the same?

That is exactly what Israel, God's "wife" did to Him on numerous occasions, resulting in God's righteous jealousy towards His wife.

Worshipping God is not a burden, as you seem to infer. All God asks is that we keep His commandments, summed up in the Law of Love for God and neighbor, what is so burdensome about that? He has told us what is right and wrong for our own benefit, yet you seeth with anger against Him. Stop returning evil for good, let go of the hate, Farkel.

"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." 1 John 5:3.

BA- I'll be blunt- Your first post on this thread is a false dilemna and you haven't realized it yet.

PS- My "handle" is BA, not trollypoo.

• 5go
    5go

I am going to break a rule But what the hell I am sinner.

Since you feel ok railing against your creator, would it be ok with you if your wife constantly slept with other men while denying you the same?

That is exactly what Israel, God's "wife" did to Him on numerous occasions, resulting in God's righteous jealousy towards His wife.

The nation of Israel was made up of men and women.

So are you implying god is bisexual?

I guess that give news meaning to love thy god, and thy neighbor!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/141086/1.ashx

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    While you are at it, you might want to look up "false dilemna", there's one of those on the first page of this thread.

Is that like where you said God is just in being jealous? Because we all know what the bible says he does if you trigger that jealousy, as the org would say, but maybe even pursuing material things? Hell, a lot of us here are just asking for it. So the delimma would indeed be us getting smacked around by Mr Jealous.

But it's a false delimma because Mr Jealous doesn't exist, because it doesn't work that way.

That doesn't mean I think God doesn't exist, by the way, but I don't think THAT one does.

WLG

• Farkel
    Farkel

trollypoo,

: Since you feel ok railing against your creator, would it be ok with you if your wife constantly slept with other men while denying you the same?

Would you like to explain that answer using any sort of connection or logic, trollypoo? Especially the part about me railing against my creator, while my wife slept with other men and denying me the same?

Any old explanation will do. Even lies. Because even lies will not get you out of this one, huge STUPID statement.

Farkel

• onacruse
    onacruse

hs:

You are wasting your time with BA. He has absolutely no idea how to think outside his own tiny paradigm. Ninety per-cent dumb as a rock and so full of Watchtower that he can hardly breathe, he has the kind of arrogance that only an elder fixated on his mirror can have. A very depressing mix.

A legend in his own lunchtime.

As is demonstrated by his refusal to address any of the fundamental questions propounded in the original topic...inquiries which have been examined for thousands of years by people who have clearly demonstrated an ability to push the boundaries of their own subjectivity and even concede to that which they are initially reluctant to accept.

As for "lunchtime," well, we all have our own preferences for "lunchmeat," eh?

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

1- Farkel's original post that started this thread was answered, and proven false. Anyone who has reading comprehension can see this.

2- Farkel's original post that started this thread is a FALSE_DILEMMA , so his argument is logically fallacious.

3- Farkel's inability to show that he can comprehend what he reads is apparent not only in his refusal to address JWD posters by their screen name, but by his missing the fact that his most recent post on this thread was already answered in my last post. I'm not repeating myself to someone who behaves like a snotty nosed child throwing a tantrum.

Farkel's latest post in this thread demonstrates that he has the behavior and reading comprehension of a child.

BA- My last post on this thread. Farkel's questions have been answered as well as proven fallacious.

PS- hillary_step and onacruise, get a room already.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Well, this must be a record.

In the past fifteen posts, eight people have posted. Seven of them have concluded that BA is dumb as a post, at least one of these posters concluded this from his very first post on JWD. The eighth poster is BA himself, who despite embarrassing himself with some of the most inane logic ever presented to this Board with a serious intent, is now claiming victory in this "debate".

I think it is time to award BA with the "Knocked Out Boxer Proclaims Victory" award and in this he joins our Board "Scholar", another deluded JW.

Streuth, what a simpleton.

HS

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Well, this must be a record.

In the past fifteen posts, eight people have posted. Seven of them have concluded that BA is dumb as a post, at least one of these posters concluded this from his very first post on JWD. The eighth poster is BA himself, who despite embarrassing himself with some of the most inane logic ever presented to this Board with a serious intent, is now claiming victory in this "debate".

I think it is time to award BA with the "Knocked Out Boxer Proclaims Victory" award and in this joins our Board "Scholar", another deluded JW.

Streuth, what a simpleton.

HS

HS is so egotistical yet vapid that he doesn't get it- he proposes an Argumentum_ad_populum and thinks he's made a positive point.

BA- My final post on this thread, not arguing with morons.

PS- You can go back in your corner now, HS, sit on your stool with your pointy cap, it suits you well.

• onacruse
    onacruse

BA:

1- Farkel's original post that started this thread was answered, and proven false.

No, it wasn't, and certainly not by you.

Anyone who has reading comprehension can see this.

I/we have a fair bit of reading capabilities. Your generalization betrays your own lack of comprehension.

2- Farkel's original post that started this thread is a FALSE_DILEMMA, so his argument is logically fallacious.

So you summarily dismiss the logic of people much more intelligent than you or I, who have examined such issues? How condescending of you.

3- Farkel's inability to show that he can comprehend what he reads is apparent not only in his refusal to address JWD posters by their screen name, but by his missing the fact that his most recent post on this thread was already answered in my last post. I'm not repeating myself to someone who behaves like a snotty nosed child throwing a tantrum.
    Farkel's latest post in this thread demonstrates that he has the behavior and reading comprehension of a child.

I rather suspect that he may have another perspective to offer.

BA- My last post on this thread. Farkel's questions have been answered as well as proven fallacious.

I dare suspect that this will not be your last post to this thread, unless you are a simple-minded coward.

Edit to add: Posts crossed, and BA, you proved my point. You can't let this go any more than you could cut off your thumb.

PS- hillary_step and onacruise, get a room already.

You are here with us, in the same room. So, as we sit on the sofa, discussing such things, you have the option of actually addressing the issues, or, perhaps, to just get up and give us the finger and leave.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I note that the last few days you have been quoting logical fallacy errors ad nauseum, having no doubt just discovered what they are!

What you need to do now BA, is to sift back through your past posts and note down the numerous times that you have been guilty of logical fallacies, including this very thread that you are posting to, and learn from them. My own feeling is that as one of the Board's most blinkered simpletons, learning outside of WTS shaped ideologies is virtually impossible for you.

I have asked you before, as a matter of curiosity, why you refer to yourself as "Bad Apostate". The only way this handle would make sense is if you are actually suggesting that you are so full of WTS teachings that you are not a very good "apostate"...lol I have also asked, again as a matter of curiosity where your religious beliefs actually differ from those of the WTS. You have remained suspiciously silent on this matter.

As to describing those who have shredded your arguments over the months with such ease as "morons", well what can I say, apart from for the sake of the world, do not breed. If you are tempted to procreate, well I suggest you sever your brain and bury it under the Hibiscus.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit